Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » My Bf and I had sex...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Bf and I had sex...
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawrimmadinosaur24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have recently just started having sex. I knew the pain and blood('cause i don't use tampons) would come, but I've bled everytime we've had sex. Is there something wrong, or am I fine??? The bleeding is never more then when I normally have my period, but still...I just need some sort of answer whether it be good or bad.

[ 07-06-2008, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: rawrimmadinosaur24 ]

Posts: 20 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many times is every time?

And are you using plenty of extra lubricant as well as only having intercourse when you're already aroused and after PLENTY of other sexual activities you enjoy first?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it sounds like perhaps your vagina is not used to being stretched so wide. Some women can bleed due to this. Allow time to let your body adjust. Use plenty of lubricant ( you can never use to much! Keep that in mind ). Also, make sure that your aroused before attempting penetration

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jase?

Without her answers to the question I asked, it's actually not sound to presume that. Persistent vaginal bleeding with intercourse, for example, is also a common symptom of a Chlamydia infection.

Look before you leap, okay? Usually if we're waiting to hear back from a user after asking them a question, it's for a reason. Thanks.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allrighty. Sorry bout that

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawrimmadinosaur24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um, everytime we've had sex which is twice (sorry for the delay)
Posts: 20 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

i didn't use lube either time so i'll try that out next time...but i mean how does one know when they're fully aroused??
Heather
Member # 3

I'd just be sure you go ahead and get started with your yearly sexual healthcare, including tests for infections. Now that you're sexually active, that's important to do every year. Your boyfriend should be doing it, too.

In terms of knowing when you're fully aroused, before intercourse, have you spent a LOT of time with other sexual activities NOT about anything being stuck into your vagina first? Are you feeling like your heart rate is up, you're really hungry for sex, you're a little sweaty, a little breathless? Are your genitals feeling way more sensitive when you start intercourse than they were when you were just sitting around?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

How could i get chlamydia without having sex? Not to mention how do i get tested without my mom knowing??

Before i've had sex i've felt like my heart rate is up and a little breathless, but never sweating and in terms of my genitals, they're wet...

rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

like the very first time it hurt, but i took it like a man....second time it didn't hurt as much but still a little...i found my self feeling more pleasure the second time...my mind wasn't overcome with the "pain", but both times i bled and i can't decided whether its normal or not...
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, see, penetration is never supposed to hurt. Not the first time, or the 100th, or ever. When penetration hurts, it's usually when the woman isn't relaxed and aroused enough, and not using enough lube. So I'll link you to an article that explores some of those reasons for painful intercourse, and what you and your partner can do about it:
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse

As far as getting tested for STIs is concerned, you do not need your parents to get tested. If you are still on your parents' insurance plan, you can always look around for clinics in your area that offer services on a sliding scale.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

ooo cool cool. yea i think there is a um planned parenthood place somewhere close/around my house...
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a heads up, you can visit Planned Parenthood's website and pop in your zip code and it will tell you the closest one to you. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

yea i did. thanks =D
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

oy so today I took of my underwear, and there was like a tin bit of blood and like discharge....it was odd. My boyfriend and I haven't had sex in a while since he's ben away....what could it be?
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's hard to say. Sometimes spotting can just happen. Or, if you haven't had that STI testing, you could have some sort of issue there. If it's near your period, the spotting could be related to that as well.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Karina
Neophyte
Member # 39520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Karina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is probably a retarded question, but I cant get chlamydia if he and I were both virgins right? I've been with him a while (I actually typed out a long question to the sex expert thing a few days ago- no response yet) but the last time we had sex I bled afterwards. Ive been sexually active for the past two years, and have been on bc for the entirety of that time.
I know that if you want to not have your period for a month, you just skip the placebo week. I have never needed to do that because he and I dont see each other that frequently due to going to school in different states. However, last weekend, we were going up to Berkeley to visit my older brother and I didnt want to be bleeding south while everyone was having fun in the sun. I skipped the placebo week for the first time.
Am I bleeding because my body is normally very regular? It doesnt hurt, hes never hurt me, I am just bleeding sporadically (a few times a day, even though I havent had sex with him since- SORRY i know thats gross).
Help?

Posts: 8 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you classify 'virgin' as not having vaginal, anal, (or to some extent) oral sex with a partner infected with chlamydia.

Since you are not used to skipping placebo week, that's probably why you're having spotting like this. I would blame skipping the placebos for this bleeding before I would blame an STI.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawrimmadinosaur24
Neophyte
Member # 39179

I know this seems stupid, but how does one specifically get chlamydia? My boyfriend and I have had sex nd everything, but we've always used a condom. I mean next time i see him (whenever that is =\ ) i'll ask if he's been tested or anything, but hes been educated enough to know, to tell me if he has something, or at least i'd hope. But he know i'd be pissed if he kept something from me. i just don't see how i could've gotten chlamydia.
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

You can catch chlamydia through vagina, anal, or possibly oral sex with a partner infected with chlamydia.

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.