Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Custom Fit Condoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Custom Fit Condoms?
allik10
Activist
Member # 38302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for allik10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have had a condom problem in the past where a condom got lost (this was also our first time together, quite an introduction lol) He has had multiple partners in the past but it my only partner. He has developed quite a complex about penis size and condoms fitting improperly. I know that the penis size debate is so silly, because I love his size and wouldn't want it to be any different, but it has caused him so unpleasant experiences, and some girls who weren't looking for something serious haven't made it much easier. I don't want safe sex to compromise his self confidence, and we both don't want to compromise being safe. It just upsets me when he tries to apologize for the condom not fitting right. Honestly when it comes to having sex with him, I am not thinking about the tiny bit of extra space. I can't emphasize that without it seeming bothersome to him.

I have heard that lifestyles condoms run a bit narrower at the ring/base, which is all he really needs, and have done extensive research to try and find a better fit to surprise him. While lifestyles weren't much snugger he didn't have to hold the base of the condom constantly which put a great big smile on his face. He still got nervous though and I definitely feel like he would enjoy himself more if he didn't have to worry that the condom was going to fall off.

Has anyone else had to deal with this problem? How did you get your partner to not beat themselves up over it? I am more concerned about his happiness than sexual pleasure and don't want him to feel inadequate, he's quite the opposite. I feel like it is a non-issue, but I would very much like to find something that works perfectly for him and therefore wonder if there is more size ranges or a custom fit condom market? I looked online a bit but didn't find too much, any one have any similar experiences? What worked best for you guys?

Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 48 | From: USA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jase Watson
Activist
Member # 39090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jase Watson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, honestly, most condom company´s make their condoms to fit the majority of men. I can really understand what you mean about his self confidence. Just sit him down and let him know that that is the way that his body is, and that your okay with it. Let him know exactly what you said here, that your okay with his size, and that you love him regardless. I don´t think that you´ll find small sized condoms in your general store that sells them. You might, however, be able to check with a company online that dose sell smaller sizes, and then see if any retailers sell that brand in stores. One site you might want to check out is Rip N´Roll. They list the different specifications for they´re smaller sized condoms. These are basically still a little longer, but gave a smaller ring size. If you find one you like, call your local stores and see if they sell that brand. Hope it helps [Smile]

--------------------
- Jase Watson

Posts: 58 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar problem. It took a little while, and a lot of experimentation for myself and my boyfriend to find a condom with the right ring size. I guess "one size fits all" really only applies to the rest of the condom...

Don't lose hope though! I think the best thing you could do for you and your partner is to invest in some variety packs. Not only are you not wasting the money on a condom that may or may not work for you, you can make it into a fun activity! (aka, if one doesn't fit/feel good/what have you, make it into a balloon and have sword fights!).

As for your boyfriend's insecurities, you should definitely reassure him that just because a condom doesn't fit perfectly, it doesn't mean that his size is inadequate! A good way to do this might be to maybe talk about how, if you went shopping for a bra and couldn't find a size small enough, he wouldn't like you any less, or find you less sexually appealing.

Maybe also link him to this article?

Shown Actual Size: A Penis Shape & Size Lowdown

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.