Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Without a condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Without a condom
lozzy57
Neophyte
Member # 38279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lozzy57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I've just gone on the combined pill, and me and my boyfriend have both been tested for STIs (we went together - how cute! *rolls eyes*), and neither of us are having sex with other people. I really trust him, and think I'm ready to have sex without a condom with him but...

Is there anything I haven't thought of? Do I need to be more prepared? Do I need to... I don'tknow...

Just any info or moral support would be good right now...

--------------------
Chin up darling - knock yourself out!

Posts: 26 | From: London, UK | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, an STI date! [Razz]

Well, we advise waiting a full cycle before doing that when it comes to pregnancy risks. Per STI risks, you just want to be sure you've waited around six months of being together with condom use before ditching condoms. Testing is the other part of that.

As well, it's just a matter of it you're both comfortable using the pill as a sole method. is that something you're both okay with?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Mindmeld!! [Razz] )

[ 06-11-2008, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: ASargent42 ]

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lozzy57
Neophyte
Member # 38279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lozzy57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mindmeld? I feel confused...

But awesome, thank you. Tbh, I'm a bit scared, it's a *really* big commitment, but I know he won't pressure me so it's cool!

--------------------

Posts: 26 | From: London, UK | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Mindmeld just means that they wrote pretty much the same thing [Smile] )

I thought this might be helpful: When me and my boyfriend decided to condomless for the first time, we did so close to the timing of my withdrawl bleed. That way, I didn't have to wait longer to get it, and it wouldn't cause as much anxiety [Razz]

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You also don't have to commit to this.

In other words, you can try it for a few times, and see how you feel: if you like having ejaculate running out of your vagina for a while for instance (some people don't), or how it can alter your vaginal pH for a few days, as well as if you're really okay with only using one method.

So, I'd frame it less as something you commit to, and more as something you both try and see how it goes, with the option to resume or go back to using condoms, depending.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lozzy57
Neophyte
Member # 38279

Oh. I'd never thought of it that way. That's a really good point. Thank's for bringing that up. I'm deffo going to talk to him about it! Thank youu!

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.