Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » 6 quick sex-related q's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6 quick sex-related q's
LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. How long does sex last, on average? And is there a way to get him to go longer?

2. How long is a female orgasm, on average?

3. Why are the penis and clit both so sensitive after orgasm?

4. How should one know when he's completely done ejaculating?

5. Why is there a "resting period" for a guy's penis after sex and how long does it usually last?

6. Is it true that the more a guy ejaculates consecutively, the less semen/sperm he produces?

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknown person
Neophyte
Member # 33283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unknown person     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ill try to help best i can

4. you can always ask the guy. when he is done ejaculating, you probably wont even have to guess if he is done or not. a guys erection after ejaculation will start sinking and the guy probably would take off the condom asap after hes done. it only lasts a couple seconds anyway.

5. because we are not machines and by nature a guy just cannot cannot continue too much longer (unless hes on some sort of pill). the resting period varies from a guy to guy. some takes an hour some takes probably takes half a day. but a normal guy wouldnt even feel horny again until a good half-day or so if he tries.

6. well, the body is always producing sperm, but you probably mean, does he ejaculate less the more consecutively he ejaculates. personally for me, Yes. i ejaculate less if i don't allow probably 3-5 days of complete rest.

i have about a 6 n a half-7 inch (depends how long i let it rest)and i stand 5'9'' so i am probably average in almost every way in this aspect.

Posts: 33 | From: earth | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unknown person:
ill try to help best i can

4. you can always ask the guy. when he is done ejaculating, you probably wont even have to guess if he is done or not. a guys erection after ejaculation will start sinking and the guy probably would take off the condom asap after hes done. it only lasts a couple seconds anyway.

5. because we are not machines and by nature a guy just cannot cannot continue too much longer (unless hes on some sort of pill). the resting period varies from a guy to guy. some takes an hour some takes probably takes half a day. but a normal guy wouldn't even feel horny again until a good half-day or so if he tries.

6. well, the body is always producing sperm, but you probably mean, does he ejaculate less the more consecutively he ejaculates. personally for me, Yes. i ejaculate less if i don't allow probably 3-5 days of complete rest.

i have about a 6 n a half-7 inch (depends how long i let it rest)and i stand 5'9'' so i am probably average in almost every way in this aspect.

I would like to disagree about your answer to number 5, yes every guy is different, but most guys can be horny and have sex withing 5-15 minutes of having sex.

Also, the fact that you ejaculate less if you allow 3-5 days is not what I'd consider average...I will agree that guys do tend to ejaculate less the more times they have sex in one day, but within 24 hours it usually is back to normal.

--------------------
Madwomen seldom think they're crazy.

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknown person
Neophyte
Member # 33283

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unknown person     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
within 5 to 15 minutes? absolutely not. i really doubt that. some guys roll over and go to sleep after haha.

im just saying for me personally thats just how long it takes me. yea 24 hours back to normal is also common. im just basing it on myself. but i find the more i let it rest after ejaculating, the bigger it gets. and the more i let it rest n get bigger, the faster i will ejaculate for the next time and vice-versa. its like a win-lose or lose-win situation lol.

Posts: 33 | From: earth | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love-Life
Activist
Member # 37952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love-Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LollySocks.

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion and give you some more scientific information about everything.

Try reading these articles. Don't forget that there is a whole site of information, so try checking out the "search" option. There are tons of good resources all over the site.

First Intercourse 101
Is THAT All There Is?
Man's Best Friend - Male Sexual Anatomy
Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy

And, also, everything differs from person to person so we can't give you a very good estimation for how long sex lasts.

Hope this helped.

--------------------
There is an upside to everything, sometimes you just have to turn it upside down to find it.

:-) Vikki (-:

Posts: 153 | From: British Columbia | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by unknown person:
within 5 to 15 minutes? absolutely not. i really doubt that. some guys roll over and go to sleep after haha.

im just saying for me personally thats just how long it takes me. yea 24 hours back to normal is also common. im just basing it on myself. but i find the more i let it rest after ejaculating, the bigger it gets. and the more i let it rest n get bigger, the faster i will ejaculate for the next time and vice-versa. its like a win-lose or lose-win situation lol.

Exactly, you're basing it off yourself, therefor it's one extreme, I'm just saying there are the guys that CAN have sex within 5-15 minutes.
My only irritation with your post was the fact that you made it sound like EVERYONE was like that, which everyone is most definitely not. =]

--------------------

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Rina, unknown, let's play nice here and not get into an argument. This is not the place for that. Also, it's derailing from the original poster's questions.

Unknown, in future, do keep your responses accurate and with the thought in mind that not everyone is the same, rather than based on personal experiences unless the user is asking for that.

And great advice, btw, Love-Life)

[ 05-20-2008, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

(Sorry, I didn't mean to start anything. =])

--------------------

Hollie5626
Neophyte
Member # 35451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hollie5626     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can just ask one extra question. I know its probably not the best source for sexual information, but...in American Pie, when Jim is with Nadia, and he comes twice, both prematurely, in the space of like a couple of minutes - is that actually likely to happen in real life?. Cause my boyfriend has never ejaculated more then once in one ah...session. Once he comes for the first time, thats it for him until...I guess whenever we have the oppurtunity again. Believe me, I don't think my boyfriend is sexually inadequate cause he doesn't measure up to a movie, but I'm just wondering whether its actually possible for a guy to come again so soon after the first time.
Posts: 22 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknown person
Neophyte
Member # 33283

orca would you tell us the answer and let everyone know if a guy is able to have sex after he is finished and ejaculated in the span of 5-15 minutes later?

(i didn't state everyone was the same, and your answer to my post will determine if my response are accurate or not)

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's actually fairly common for younger men to have very brief refractory periods; for some, one doesn't exist at all. A refractory period can last anywhere from nil, a few minutes, to an hour or more.

So yes, it's certainly within the realm of possibility for a male to be rarin' to go again in just a few minutes. :)

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknown person
Neophyte
Member # 33283

key word ..Possibility.. for me, i can probably get mine up again after maybe about a half hour or so, but i certainly wont be able to keep it long. nor would i feel in the mood at all after a half hour. *based on my personal self*
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, and that, too, is perfectly normal! :)
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first off, let me state that I am not a guy; any and all of the following information I post will be based on what I've been told/seen by friends and my boyfriend.. plus a little from myself, too. [Smile]

- my boyfriend can come, and ten to fifteen minutes later, hold a steady erection.
- the first time my friend and her boyfriend had sex, they did it twice consecutively. By this I mean that they had sex, he took off the old condom, put it in an old coke bottle, and they had sex again..
- when I have an orgasm, it usually last between 10 to 15 seconds. Im not sure if that's average or not, but hey, if you're really interested and cant find it here, you may look it up the wonderful world wide web (or just type it into google). Keep in mind that not everything on the web is correct information..

that's about all the answers I have.
Hope it helps.. at least a little.
-

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unknown person
Neophyte
Member # 33283

ah shucks.. i guess im the odd one out
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

but it's still fine because there is no "normal" just averages =]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.