Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » it was on the wrong way

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it was on the wrong way
lyricalboy
Neophyte
Member # 36784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyricalboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know youre supposed to use a new condom if you happen to put it on the wrong way. say that it was used for just protection, not using it for sex. my girlfriend and i used a condom to protect against just genital contact. but she put it on the wrong way. she put it on the right way and wiped the condom off to make sure it was dry. (keep in mind that we're not using it for sexual intercourse). is there still a pregnancy risk?
Posts: 23 | From: hawaii | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with using a condom that was on the wrong way is that, when you turn it the right way, the pre-cum will be on the outside. This would be an issue with all genital contact - as long as the outside of the condom came in contact with her genitals. So, if there was pre-cum on the outside of the condom, and you were touching her vagina, then you may have had a small risk.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyricalboy
Neophyte
Member # 36784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyricalboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what if we wiped the entire condom with a napkin, is there still a risk? like all the lubrication that was on the condom was pretty much off because we wiped it. and if it was completely dry, wouldn't the sperm die?
Posts: 23 | From: hawaii | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In your case, if the condom was completely dry, beyond the shadow of a doubt, then you probably wouldn't have had much of a chance of pre-cum causing a pregnancy risk.

But for future reference, if you or she happens to put the condom on the wrong way again, you're both much better off just getting another fresh condom. It's much safer and then you won't have to worry about whether it was dried off thoroughly or not. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyricalboy
Neophyte
Member # 36784

Yes we have both learned our lesson. So even with a few wipes of a napkin can still cause the risk of a pregnancy even when i my thing touched her vagina for a few seconds, not even going in her? how big is this risk? low to none? moderate to low?
lyricalboy
Neophyte
Member # 36784

also my girlfriend wanted to know if it's possible for sperm or pre-cum to get to the egg from the surface of her vagina.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a pregnancy risk everytime semen comes into contact with a female genitals. So, yes there is a risk if you have unprotected genital to genital contact, it doesn't matter whether or not you there was vaginal entry or only genital contact, both, when unprotected, create a pregnancy risk. In the case of unprotected genital-to-genital contact, the risk would be around moderate.

Here, you might want to check this out:
What's the risk ?

As for your second question, I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here so would it be possible for you to please rephrase your question ? Are you asking if it's possible for your partner to get pregnant while having only unprotected genital-to-genital contact without any vaginal entry ? If so, then as stated above, the answer is yes, that's possible. [Smile]

[ 04-25-2008, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyricalboy
Neophyte
Member # 36784

you answered my second question. but with a condom on, it was put the wrong way, so my girlfriend wiped it to take any traces of the pre-cum. we used it just for protection so that if my thing did happen to get in contact with her vagina, she wouldn't worry too much. is there still a moderate risk? plus, i'm positive after she did wipe the condom, it was out in the air for a good 2 to 3 minutes before even touching her.
LollySocks
Activist
Member # 31077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LollySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it REALLY matter if a condom goes on inside-out?

--------------------
break down, rebuild, repeat.

Posts: 64 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It does matter, because a condom will only unroll one way. If you put it on the wrong way, it won't unroll, so you'd have to flip it over, or just get a new one to start with.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.