Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Curious.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Curious.
mishi04
Neophyte
Member # 37679

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mishi04         Edit/Delete Post 
For guys and girls here, what kind of protection are you using for sexual activities on a regular basis?

Condoms, Birth Control, etc.?
What's the best in your opinion?
I'd appreciate any information you could give.

Thanks.

Posts: 11 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neha-RoX
Activist
Member # 37160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neha-RoX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i rely on Ortho Tricylin. and my boyfriend uses condoms
Posts: 42 | From: India | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mishio, keep in mind that what works for one person may not work for another person, and that can be for a variety of reasons including health issues, allergies, or simply what is easier or more comfortable for one person and what fits in with their lifestyle. So if you are asking to find out what you might want to do for birth control, then we have a couple of great articles about different birth control methods and the pros and cons of each. We also have a few threads about birth control methods and safer sex practices if you want to check those out.

Here are the articles on birth control methods:
Birth Control Bingo!
Margaret Sanger's Disneyland: Choosing Contraceptives

In addition, you may want to take a look at this article on safer sex methods and this thread on safer sex and birth control.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sasjdw
Neophyte
Member # 37744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sasjdw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to have an implant in my arm for contreception and it ruined my life for the time i had it in and is still messing things up for me so dont use IMPLANTS!!! now im just on the pill and im doing fine.
Posts: 10 | From: home | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chloe489
Neophyte
Member # 33664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chloe489     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on Yasmin. So far Yasmin has been great for me.
Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.