Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » can it happen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can it happen?
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Icon 4 posted      Profile for rockerbaby808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I have just become sexually active and I just wanted to know that if I have become in any kind of sexual activity, is it possible for my breasts to become a lot more enlarged?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Posts: 34 | From: honolulu | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is possible that during arousal, your breasts may swell a bit due to increased blood flow. However, this should not be a permanent effect, and will go away when you're no longer aroused. Also, it generally will be a rather small increase in size.

Otherwise, sexual activity will not change your breasts at all.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockerbaby808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you [Smile] My mom somewhat noticed that my breasts were a little more bigger than usual and I was curious.

If my boyfriend played with them, or I sleep on my stomach where my breasts could be smashed or something, could that also increase the size of it?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Posts: 34 | From: honolulu | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, this wouldn't increase the size of your breasts.

However, it's possible for your breasts to have changed in size due to other things such as general growth and development, gaining weight, hormonal changes, etc.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible taht your breasts are just getting bigger because you're growing, you've gained weight, or your body is still changing due to puberty. That's a lot more likely.
Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rockerbaby808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you [Smile]
One more question.

I don't know what part it is, but it's "down there". I guess it's the opening skin to the vagina? I don't know what it's called, but is it normal for it to become looser?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really sure what body part you're referring to; do you mean your hymen? Your hymen can become stretched due to sexual activity, but it's really nothing that would make a big difference in appearance.

Why don't you check out this article: Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

sorry. the body part i was referring to was the labia.

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots and lots of constant tugging -- say, with someone who has labial piercings -- can do that, and eventually, with later age, there can be some minor changes. But if you're seeing changes at your age, the changes you've seen are most likely just due to finishing puberty.

The vulva will look different from the start to the end, and particularly because the mons pulls back a bit, the labia can look larger. But too, the labia also will enlarge with puberty.

Sounds like, however, you may just have become more observant about your body, full-stop, of late.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

I'm already 18. So that means I finished puberty?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Not always- the age that puberty happens at can vary from person to person, so you may still be seeing some changes at 18.

--------------------
Lea

rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

I had a question that I was curious about. I know someone who has gotten pregnant but is still a virgin. I'm assuming that she got pregnant from fingering. How is it possible to become pregnant without actually having sex?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By virgin, do you mean she claims she's never had penis-in-vagina sex? I suppose there's a small chance that direct genital to genital contact without penetration caused pregnancy, but generally, in cases like this, I'm inclined to believe that she's just afraid to admit to having intercourse, and is fibbing. Pregnancy from fingering is also quite unlikely, unless the finger is actually dripping with sperm.

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Yes never have had penis-in-vagina sex. Her boyfriend must have had dripping semen on his hands because she told me he used a different type of lubrication but didn't know what. Thank you [Smile]

--------------------
RockerBaby808

pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pongpong         Edit/Delete Post 
can a woman get pregnant if the guy doesn't ejaculate? let's say if the guy inserts the penis for only a few seconds?
Posts: 8 | From: spore | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pre-ejaculate can also contain sperm. More importantly, unprotected sex, no matter how long it takes, can put you at risk for STIs.

Have you had unprotected genital contact? Then you need to get tested for STIs and, depending when this took place, you may also want to consider taking EC (which can be effective for up to 120 hours).

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

what if there's no pre ejaculation?
Posts: 8 | From: spore | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is always pre-ejaculate. Pre-ejaculate serves to lubricate and balance the pH of the urethra so as to make ejaculation a smoother ride and ensure sperm survival.

Some men produce less than others at various times, or may simply not notice it coming out, but it's a very necessary process.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

does that also mean that if the penis touches the vulva like a small tap, the girl is still at risk?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, ANY time there is direct genital contact, or direct contact of semen with the vulva, there is a possible pregnancy risk.

That's why it's vital to be sure that if you're not ready for pregnancy, that ANY genital-to-genital contact is protected, be that with a condom or by a woman being on a hormonal or other method of reliable birth control.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

i just recently finished my period and the pregnancy risk happened they day after i finished. what are my chances?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Heather
Member # 3

If you had direct, unprotected genital contact, you had a pregnancy risk. If this was a tap on your mons...not so much. (And I'm not sure I even know what you mean by a tap.) If this was contact to your labia, vaginal opening, clitoris, different story.

Not knowing when you ovulate -- and if you don't chart your fertility, we can't know -- there's not much more we can say. On average, women tend to be most fertile from around day 11 to day 14, and sperm can live in the vagina for several days, but that's just an average. Plenty of women have different most fertile times.

If it's been less than 120 hours, though, and you had a risk, EC is an option for you if you want to exercise it.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Ever since I started my period, I have had my period late. It wasn't until recently that I have become sexually active so being late on my period has been a routine for me. But the number of days that I am late and how many days my period lasts tends to vary. Sometimes my period is late for a week, a day, and sometimes two weeks. Sometimes my period lasts for 5 days, sometimes 3, but never carries the full term of a week. My mom doesn't want me going on birth control pills and I don't plan on having sexual intercourse.

But from what I might have remembered, my boyfriend's penis touched either around the clitoris area. And when I say tap, I mean like, I felt it, then pushed him away. (Like how you would "tap" a person on their shoulder).

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Heather
Member # 3

Well, if you've got a naked penis and a naked vulva, sounds to me like it's time to start talking about SOME method of birth control. And you don't have to go on the pill: it's very easy for your partner to be using a condom. have you two started talking about that yet?

With contact this brief, no, I wouldn't consider this a big risk: it may even have been no risk at all. But I'm afraid that's the most we can tell you: so much of pregnancy is a gamble, and clearly, your cycles are also pretty erratic, so who knows when you're most fertile.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

Thank you so much for your quick responses [Smile] Also, is having an irregular period going to give me difficulty conceiving a baby if this continues when i get older?

--------------------
RockerBaby808

Heather
Member # 3

It really depends on why it's happening. If you're irregularly ovulating, that can make it hard to know when you're most fertile, and that can be a challenge with conception, and if there is a reason you are having irregular periods that can pose an issue -- like if you have an eating disorder, if you have a reproductive ailment -- them maybe. But maybe not, too.

Ultimately, I'd say to anyone that until you really are ready to be a parent, there's just no reason to get worried about fertility.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

rockerbaby808
Neophyte
Member # 36799

okay thank you so much for your help! [Smile]

--------------------
RockerBaby808

pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

beginning of month 1: had direct, unprotected genital contact

mid month: menstration came

end of month 2: but menstration is not here yet.

has this got anything to do with what happened during the beg of month 1, or just purely irregular period?

how do we ensure regular period?

DaisyMazy
Activist
Member # 36719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyMazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you didn't have any genital contact after your period in month one, then no, your late period would not have to do that. I wouldn't worry, especially since your periods are irregular anyway.
Posts: 74 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

you're saying that it is TOTALLY due to irregular periods?
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be. If you had a normal period after the risk, and haven't had any other risks since, then it could just be a wonky period. It is possible to have it be late or even skipped for a few reasons. M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period? is a great article to look into.

Do you usually have irregular periods?

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

yes. kind of. sometimes it just gets rather irregular..
pongpong
Neophyte
Member # 36986

can i safely say that the risk is actually not there? since i already had my period at mid month 1? how long does the sperm stay in the body?
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You cannot have a period and be pregnant. It's not physically possible.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.