Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » READ: Same- Sex sex, a turn on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: READ: Same- Sex sex, a turn on?
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Because I really want some input on this topic.

Alright so here is a topic for you gals and guys to think about(and hopefully write about):
A few days ago a friend of mine said that she thought that seeing as how guys are attracted to girl on girl action that it's perfectly healthy for a girl to be turned on by guy on guy action. Any thoughts on this subject? Is anyone here (who is a female) attracted to guy on guy stuff? Or is my friend just a total loon?

[ 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: LBelle22 ]

Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure why somebody's gender should exclude them from being interested in any given thing. In other words, different individuals like different things, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation.

As long as it's not something illegal or that harms others, I don't see why it should be weird for anyone to prefer anything.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vorpalmouse
Neophyte
Member # 35792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vorpalmouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of bringing the same topic to light. It would have helped if the topic was in the Subject Title though.... because you won't get all the input you're looking for with the title "READ!"

But yea, guy on guy = yay. I don't feel like going into more detail on the fact at the moment. I know a lot of other girls who like it too.

Posts: 15 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a completely totally 100% straight female who has ABSOLUTELY no interest in girls whatsover [in fact, I don't even have girl friends]and guy on guy ANYTHING doesn't do a thing for me.

However...girl on girl is the biggest turn on ever for me, personally. And my boyfriend obviously doesn't mind that a bit.

Did I just say that out loud? [Smile]

EDIT//
I didn't mean to come across as unaccepting before this edit and I feel foolish for saying what I originally said about guy-on-guy. My intention was to say that it didn't do anything for me. I am actually quite accepting of all people, of whichever sex they choose to like, whichever gender they choose to be. I have MANY gay friends and enjoy them and their company just as I do my straight friends. I was not being "judgemental" and am terribly sorry to anyone who saw it that way. I will choose my words differently next time, I was in a rush when writing my post and wanted to throw in some input. Again, my apologies.

[ 11-27-2007, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: a0231 ]

Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note for threads like this?

Please avoid saying things like the above, per that any formulation of same-sex coupling makes you "sick."

This is an inclusive space, with all of us of all orientations and gender identities here, and it's never a daymaker to read a person saying that you make them sick just by being the orientation you are, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for saying that. Please, anyone who responds to this DO NOT make judgements on anyones sexual orientation. Honest answers are always welcome but please be nice. I posted this mainly because I was curious about what turns people on. I wanted to see if anyone agreed with my friend.

Please keep on posting, and if I have any comments that aren't accepting towards others then I will close this topic.

Come on now, I thought that this was a judgemental free zone!

Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[ao231, thanks for editing your post. We appreciate it! [Smile]

And LBelle22, there's no need to reiterate Heather's post- the point has been made.]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a0231
Activist
Member # 35379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a0231     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also wanted to include that fantasies are just that -- fantasies. I have previously come across friends who thought it was "odd" that I enjoyed girl on girl rather than girl on guy or guy on guy. I just have to mention that it's OKAY to like whatever you like in your private thoughts, and you don't have to worry about your orientation just because of your fantasies. It's all perfectly normal and as individual as you are!
Posts: 104 | From: College | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James the Dark
Activist
Member # 32379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James the Dark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a man, but I find nothing interesting in f/f relations. Sure, it's probably nice for the ladies involved, but it's nothing that I derive interest, let alone stimulation, from. I rather prefer to stick with m/f for my interests and titilations.

Bear in mind that everybody's different. Sure, some women might enjoy some boy-boy, but it's hardly a dificiency in you if you don't.

--------------------
"And you're really asking me if I prefer injury to embarrassment? That's not even a choice. I don't know anybody who's literally died of embarrassment."

People are annoying sometimes.

Posts: 78 | From: Summerside, PEI, Canada | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.