Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » should i be worried? [period]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: should i be worried? [period]
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay so i get my period once a month for 5 days at a time. and it's never regular. i got my period on halloween, and it lasted for five days. and so my boyfriend fingered me and he did it pretty rough and i was bleeding. and i bleed for like two days. not a lot, just really litte. but it was brown. and so yesterday i was bleeding like i had my period. and today it wasn't as bad like it was brownish again. [sorry for the wierd details. lol.] and so i'm really worried because i'm bleeding in between periods. is this normal?
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the first few years after you start your period, it's not uncommon to have irregular cycles, and sometimes even bleeding between periods.

Are you on any sort of hormonal birth control? Starting new birth control or missing a pill can cause bleeding between periods.

Have you had a GYN exam in the last year? If not, now would be a great time. You can discuss your concerns about your cycle with your doctor.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit mixed up by your post to be honest, so let me make it more clear first, okay ?

Are you saying your boyfriend just fingered you and you are now experiencing some bleeding or is it two different episodes of bleeding that you are talking about ? When did the fingering occured ?

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohitslovex3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no this is the first time i had bleeding in between my period. and i'm just thinking it's because my period is irregular.
Posts: 56 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

and no, i'm not on birth control.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

If I'm not mistaken, you did say you had engaged in rough fingering before you started experiencing bleeding, so it is very possible that the bleeding you experienced was simply due to that. It might have been caused by your boyfriend having scratch your vaginal wall or to a lack of lubrication.

Were you using any water-based lube ? If not, next time you might want to try that and also make sure your boyfriend's fingernails are short (or even better have him wear gloves or finger cots!) Also, going more slowly at it might also help in making bleeding less likely to happen.

--------------------

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

yeah it was before i experienced bleeding, that i engaged in rough fingering. it just bleed a little for about 3 days. one day it was like what it's like when i normally have my period. and the day after that, today it was light again.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Okay, since you are saying that the bleeding you experienced on one day looked like your period, I'm more inclined to think now that it was just a lighter/shorter period than you're used to that you experienced.

Sure, the rough fingering could have something to do with it, but really it would be really unlikely for it to have caused an amount of bleeding similar to your period and it's generally a bleeding that subsides in a day or two while the bleeding you experiencing is now at its 4th day or so.

It is possible that the bleeding you are experiencing now is your period, especially since you said your periods were irregular. So it wouldn't be surprising.

[ 11-17-2007, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

yeah my period is irregular. but i already got mine at the beggining of this month - november. so i was worried because i got it again in the same month. is it normal? and this is the first time this has happened to me.
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Well, I wouldn't worry so much about it unless it becomes pretty frequent. :)This is something that can sometimes happen and it doesn't mean something wrong is going on with you.

[ 11-17-2007, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------

ohitslovex3
Activist
Member # 32557

okay. thank you. =]
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

You're welcome.

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.