Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » ADVICE NEEDED!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ADVICE NEEDED!!!!!
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 7 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 15(I'll be turning 16 in June) and I'm kind of new to all of this. They don't teach Sex-Ed at my school so I decided to learn a bit on my own. That's how I got to this website (which by the way is great). I'm learning so much not only about sex but also about being confident in myself. I just have to say thanks to Heather Corinna and all of the people who have given me alot of great advice.

Putting that aside, I have a couple of things that I'd like to say/ask and I hope I'll get some responses.

*I'm new to this whole 'sex-thing' and I am still in the process of learning terms and stuff (so sorry in advance for any mis-communication).

So, here I go:
1. When is the right age to go to a Gynecologist?

2. How do you know if you're really ready to have sex? If you're mature enough? If you're prepared ( as in know all the facts and have taken all precautions)?

3. Does anyone have any stories about their own first time and what it was like (don't worry I don't mean give me a buch of details, just the cliff notes version)? * Would be greatly appreciated!

4. Does anyone have any advice on learning to be comfortable in your own skin? Feeling good about one's body?

and finally...

5. If anyone has any helpful links for me I would be really thankful!

P.S. Soooooooooooo sorry about all the questions, It's just that I'm new and I'm curious to learn about alot of different things.

Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there! I'm gonna toss some articles your way and see if they don't answer some of your questions. They're very well-written and contain better information than I can give. [Smile]

In due order:

Your First Gynecologist Visit

Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

First Intercourse 101

Is THAT All There Is?

And as for your last question regarding getting comfortable, I can't recommend one article. Our entire body section is a must-read!

Let us know if you have any other questions/wanna chat some more! [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You so much! I'd love to chat!
Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willingtosat
Neophyte
Member # 35411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willingtosat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LBelle22:
I'm 15(I'll be turning 16 in June) and I'm kind of new to all of this. They don't teach Sex-Ed at my school so I decided to learn a bit on my own. That's how I got to this website (which by the way is great). I'm learning so much not only about sex but also about being confident in myself. I just have to say thanks to Heather Corinna and all of the people who have given me alot of great advice.

Putting that aside, I have a couple of things that I'd like to say/ask and I hope I'll get some responses.

*I'm new to this whole 'sex-thing' and I am still in the process of learning terms and stuff (so sorry in advance for any mis-communication).

So, here I go:

2. How do you know if you're really ready to have sex? If you're mature enough? If you're prepared ( as in know all the facts and have taken all precautions)?

3. Does anyone have any stories about their own first time and what it was like (don't worry I don't mean give me a buch of details, just the cliff notes version)? * Would be greatly appreciated!

4. Does anyone have any advice on learning to be comfortable in your own skin? Feeling good about one's body?

and finally...

P.S. Soooooooooooo sorry about all the questions, It's just that I'm new and I'm curious to learn about alot of different things.

Hi,

From my point of view, no one except you will know when you are truly ready. The fact that you are asking this question is a clear indication that you may not quite be ready yet. I would suggest sticking to some research before making this big decision.

What I really wanted to tell you is that your objective should be to discover who you really are. Begin to explore and study any and everything that you are curious about when it comes to your body.

Pull out a mirror if you have too. This is how you can try to become comfortable in you own skin.

Try this on for size and see how it works.

Posts: 15 | From: Hamilton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamie_dawn
Neophyte
Member # 36166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamie_dawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- around 14 or 15, or whenever you are sexually active.

- If you are comfortable enough to share your thoughts and feelings about sex and other things, that shows you are ready. Also if you can feel comfortable with that person naked, and also being able to be guided.

- I am a just turned 16 year old, and still a virgin. I havent found a guy that I am comfortable enough to be active with. Not that I don't want to. I have racing hormones too (:
But I am waiting, because most of my friends lost it at 14 and 15, and here I am still a virgin, but they had very bad first experiences.

- Everyone is different. I am still trying to get comfortable with my body enough to be with someone. But you are who you are and thats the best.

and finally...

-I have researched things on the computer, all the best answers would be on this site. Scarleteen is truly a great advice site. But you could always ask an older friend or a friends older sibling.

--------------------
jamie dawn<3

Posts: 18 | From: altoona, pa. | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Actually, the right age to start going to a gynecologist can vary: either when you start menstruating, or when you become sexually active- which ever comes first.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.