Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Oral sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral sex
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine told me that swallowing after giving oral sex is alright, yet another friend told me the complete opposite, she said that you should spit it out. I don't think it's healthy to swallow(not that I have any personal experience on the subject). Who is right?
Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swallowing or spitting doesn't really make a difference per health issues- simply having semen in your mouth at all, however, creates an STI risk.

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBelle22
Activist
Member # 35782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBelle22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, you can swallow? Isn't that gross?!?
Posts: 40 | From: Providence, RI | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it all comes down to it being simply a matter of personnal preferences. While some people might like to swallow, others don't and it's cool either way. If you aren't comfortable swallowing or find it gross, then you really don't have to. In fact, it might be best for you not to engage in it if that's how you feel about it.

And no, it doesn't pose any hazard to your health, besides an STIs risk, as Lea suggested, if your partner isn't STIs free. But, really, any unprotected oral sex (like blowjobs), no matter whether or not there is swallowing poses an STIs risk, so if you intend on having unprotected oral sex or are already engaging in it, you should be using a condom until you and your partner have both been tested twice 6 months apart and the results have showed you were both STIs free.

[ 11-15-2007, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willingtosat
Neophyte
Member # 35411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willingtosat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LBelle22:
A friend of mine told me that swallowing after giving oral sex is alright, yet another friend told me the complete opposite, she said that you should spit it out. I don't think it's healthy to swallow(not that I have any personal experience on the subject). Who is right?

If you and your partner have both been tested and are committed to being monotonous, then I guess it would remain a personal preference of the individual on the receiving end.

I have not found myself in that position so I can't advise differently. But do remember that direct contact with body fluids always pose a risk for the possible transfer of sexually transmitted diseases.

Posts: 15 | From: Hamilton, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamie_dawn
Neophyte
Member # 36166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamie_dawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether you spit or swallow does not really deal with your health, but it can cause you to get an STI. Make sure he has been tested recently.

--------------------
jamie dawn<3

Posts: 18 | From: altoona, pa. | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.