Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Acid Sperm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Acid Sperm
reonz
Peer Educator-in-Training
Member # 35313

Icon 6 posted      Profile for reonz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have had sex about twenty times, without condoms probably four or five times. We're both clean STI wise, and I'm on the ring. But I've noticed that every time we have intercourse and he ejaculates inside of me, it burns. Not VERY badly, but it can be pretty uncomfortable. I talked to my boyfriend and he jokingly called it acid sperm, hence the title. But I was wondering if that was common? And what could cause it? Does it change the pH of the vagina? I jokingly said it was the kinetic energy of the sperm trying to get to the non-existent egg. This is my AP Bio mind speaking. But I was just wondering, not really a big deal.
Thanks,
Cheers.

Posts: 34 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Here, I suggest taking a look at those threads and coming back if you have any questions after reading those :

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

[ 11-07-2007, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reonz
Member # 35313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reonz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, I should have realized this question had already been addressed. But, If I was actually allergic to sperm, wouldn't the effects be more serious than burning discomfort? It just seems that an allergy would manifest it's self in a more serious way, especially with repeated exposure. Thanks for your help though, I'm gunna try n do some research.
Posts: 34 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of other thoughts...

Are you using extra lubricant? If not, you might try that. If things are not lubricated well enough, you might be developing some tiny abrasions during sex and then when they get into contact with the ejaculate it's causing burning.

Also, you might try using a condom a time or two and seeing if that makes any difference. That might help you isolate whether it really seems to be related to the ejaculate specifically or not.

I can't find anything that indicates this type of problem might be related to the ring, but that's always a question as well. While I wouldn't necessarily try this first, if you can't find a solution, you might try pulling your ring out during sex once and setting it aside someplace safe. According to the insert, it can be out for up to 3 hours before your pregnancy protection is compromised. If the problem is related to your ring, it probably isn't wise to be pulling it out everytime during sex -- you may want to either keep pairing with condoms then or look for a different method.

And finally, I know you said you were both clear in terms of STIs, but if this continues you might go get re-checked anyway. Even if it's not something serious, you might just have a low level yeast infection or other bacterial infection that is causing you irritation only when you've got lots of friction going on too.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reonz
Member # 35313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reonz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've tried it with and with out condoms, and it only burns without, and normally I do take the ring out while we have sex.
Also, I don't think it's an allergy because I've given him a blow job and been fine.
I don't think it's possible to be allergic and only react vaginally?
I'll get some lube and look into a dr. appointment. Thank you!

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A true allergy would likely cause a reaction no matter where the contact was and typically would have other signs beyond the burning. It's possible you're simply extra sensitive to it vaginally. But I'd try the lube and the doctor before I settled on it being a true sensitivity related only to his ejaculate.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.