Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Different pill brands?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Different pill brands?
misslizzie
Neophyte
Member # 34801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misslizzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! This is my first time posting on this board--you guys seem to be a very well-informed bunch, and I have a tough question.

I have been on birth control pills for a little about a year (prior to that I was on the shot). I have been using Aviane. I became really, really moody and grumpy since I started taking Aviane. I would get mad or cry for no reason and snap a lot at people (especially my boyfriend). We always got along fairly well (for the 1.5 years that we were dating prior to pills) and since I started taking Aviane I became a lot more neurotic, grumpy and sensitive. I switched briefly to Tri-Sprintec and seemed to have no bad side effects, but I recently went back to Aviane because it's cheaper and I've been just as grumpy. Has anyone else here noticed moody side effects from Aviane, Tri-Sprintec, or other pill brands? Can I get around the moody side effects by changing brands, or do I need to go off of pills entirely?

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ASargent42
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ASargent42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different brands work differently for different people.

Would the lack of grumpiness make up for the extra cost of the tri sprintec? because it might be worth trying to switch back to the tri-sprintec, if it really worked better for you than the aviane.

You could also check with your gynocologist or whomever is prescribing you the pills, to talk about other brands or even other methods.

--------------------
Amanda
Scarleteen Volunteer

Help us out- Donate!

Posts: 1152 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleMissSunshine
Activist
Member # 33438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleMissSunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I wasn't a big fan of Tri-Sprintec either. Pretty much felt like I was losing it mentally, and felt sick all the time [Frown]

But, as the other reply mentioned, your Doctor is much more educated when it comes to the way specific pills interact with you body, and may be able to make a better suggestion for a pill that makes you less crabby.

Posts: 64 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.