Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Manual mishap?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Manual mishap?
BooBooTwo
Neophyte
Member # 34776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BooBooTwo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been seeing this guy and the other day we were over at his place, fooling around. He's tried kneading through my jeans a few times and finally he wound up unzipping my pants and... well, kinda going to town.

The thing is I'm not using any kind of birth control (this is the first guy I've been with in my eighteen years and definitely wasn't planning on anything like that happening, let alone so soon), but haven't had my period for about a year due to struggles with an eating disorder. However the evening after and later that next morning I was having horrible stomach cramps. Not long after I started having overall stomach issues that need not be discussed.

I'm trying to pinpoint the possible culprit of these cramps, getting my period back, the fact that I'm still having troubles with ED that popped up the day all the stomach woes came around (b/p-related) or could I possibly be pregnant? He stayed in his pants the entire time and claims that he was reading Harry Potter all day before I came over, but... I'm just really paranoid and need someone to give it to me straight.

[ 07-24-2007, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: BooBooTwo ]

Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there was no genital contact, then you do not have a pregnancy risk. And if I am reading your subject line right, we're talking about manual sex here? As in, he fingered you? There is absolutely NO risk from that.

Also, even if you had had a pregnancy risk? You wouldn't be having symptoms the morning after. Heck, conception sometimes doesn't even take place for a few days.

If there's a chance that you'll start to be sexually active now, you should look into birth control. Condoms are always good to start with (cheap, easy to come by, easy to use), and if you don't feel safe using only condoms, a trip to the gyn to talk about your options would be a great idea. You can also talk about your missing period there.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BooBooTwo
Neophyte
Member # 34776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BooBooTwo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much, September. Needless to say I'm just a wee bit paranoid about this. This past year's been incredibly tough due primarily to emotional issues, most of which lead up to the eating disorder. This would just be the icing on the cake, no pun intended, so I'm sure I'm just playing this up mentally and getting worked up over nothing. I just needed to hear someone else say it.

As for the gyn visit/birth control, I've asked my mother to call the doctor's office (they don't open until 8.00, when I'm at work) and she said that they'll call my mobile and give the the number of the office my PCP's at this afternoon. I'm going to talk to her about setting up a gyn visit and various methods of birth control. I also have a session with my therapist scheduled today so hopefully that'll help get my emotions in queue, in the mean time though you've been a great deal of help. Thanks again.

P.S. - I love your signature, Ayn Rand's one of my favourite authors.

Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. Glad I could help. Sometimes we just need some reassurance with these things, and that's what ST is there for. [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.