Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasm
BlueEyedBeauty
Activist
Member # 33519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueEyedBeauty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I might have had my first orgasism this morning and I was wondering if it is normal for a woman to ejaculate during an orgasm. My boyfriend and I had sex this morning, and when we finished, he said that I have no idea how wet I was, not to mention, that there was a spot on the sheet of where I was. Or could it possibly be that I accidentally peed? I did not feel like I had to pee, but I have never had anything come from my vagina before.
Posts: 44 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, certainly some women ejaculate sometimes: sometimes with orgasm, sometimes before. It's almost normally a sensation you feel: not something that happens without knowing it did.

But it's also normal to simply vaginally lubricate when you're aroused, and it's also normal to sweat during sex.

So, that wet spot could have been any of those things, but in terms of any of them determining if you reached orgasm, that's not very reliable. Did you FEEL like you had an orgasm? If so, with or without any fluids at all, you likely did.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meeneecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many girls seem to just know when they had their first orgasm, for other's it's not so clear. I wasn't sure about my first. But once I started having more everything became more clear. I, by the way, had my first orgasms (and many still today) through masturbation. I would like to point out that it is entirely possible for women to ejaculate. And for many ejaculation doesn't necessarily come with orgasm, they can be two separate functions. So it's possible to have an orgasm without ejaculating and possible to ejaculate without reaching orgasm, (as well as having them both simultaneously). Also, women have just as much ability to ejaculate as the boys do. We have a gland that produces ejaculate, similar to what is produced in the male testes. Usually the amount of fluid produced is equivalent to about 1-3tbs, so for many women ejaculation fluid is considerably more volume than lubrication, and usually ejaculation exits in squirts (just like in the boys). But again everyone is different. Anyway I found this article helpful on ejaculation: Edited
and if you are interesting in reading more about orgasms you can check out the following (from the same web page): Edited Again, I can't really tell if you had an orgasm or not, some people describe them as involuntary spasms, some people get very warm, some people shake all over, so there can be many personal differences when it comes to experiencing orgasm (aside from the biological aspect of it that we all experience) But my advice would be to keep trying, it's a great way to explore you body and find out what works and what doesn't. I personally found that reading up on the subject helped immensely, especially learning about female anatomy and biology, as well learning about all the different techniques and ways for "getting off" Hope this all helps, have fun!

[ 08-01-2007, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
-meeneecat

Posts: 21 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Meeneecat, we really appreciate your desire to help, but giving technique advice or linking to sites that do is against the Guidelines; please edit your post to remove that material. We also ask that any outside sources -- which are highly encouraged! -- be suitable for users as young as 13, and sites that sell sex toys are a wee bit on the not-so-much side. Just to keep in mind in your future posts. Thanks! [Smile] )
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for meeneecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know about that rule either...geez I guess I need to reread these guidelines, can you direct me to the right place?

--------------------
-meeneecat

Posts: 21 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone is held to the Guidelines they agree to when they sign up, whether they read them or not. But for a refresher! [Smile]

http://www.scarleteen.com/user_guidelines_privacy_policy

[ 08-01-2007, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can see the guidelines by clicking on "My Profile" and then "Review User Agreement." [Smile]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

I just tried to edit the post but it said that the time to edit my post has elapsed. I give you permission to just delete my post. I read the user agreement and I didn't see anything about linking to web sites, although it did talk about copyrights, but I didn't think that referred to links since links don't fall under this classification on other forums that I use (for example yahoo & google forums). But if you don't want people posting to information on other website perhaps you could make it more clear in the user agreement and specifically say "No posting links on message boards". (or maybe it is stated somewhere else and I just missed it.) I'll let you fill me in on this. Also, if we are not allowed to post links does this include links within the Scarleteen website as well, because it seems that a "no-links" rule would include this as well. Can you please clarify this, because I feel like I'm always doing something wrong on this site. I joined because I'm a teacher who works in an public school in NYC, and thus I interact with young girls all the time. I am very much interested in the information as well as the opinions on this site, and the possibility of referring this site to young girls as a resource. I certainly don't want to be offending anyone or breaking any rules. I am very aware of what I say to others especially being a teacher I am acutely aware of "age-appropriateness" and presenting information which I feel is helpful, honest, and truthful. I would never post solicitations. I also strongly believe in access to information which I imagine would be compromised by an inability to reference some of the information being discussed on this website. (i.e. when I write professionally I always include references to works and resources so that I am NOT in violation of any copywrite laws, upon principle, I do this on electronic communications as well) Again, I would appreciate if you could point me directly to the rules so that I can conduct myself appropriately on these pages, my intention does not include breaking rules or offending anyone. I will also consider these rules and my own conduct on this site (as I have been warned several times by volunteers), and perhaps this is not the site for me, or my students. Thank you for your input.

--------------------
-meeneecat

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

We apologize for the confusion and the way you feel. The part of the guidelines we're referencing is the following:

"Scarleteen reserves the right to not answer questions which pertain to explicit sexual technique or illegal activity, and posts which request such material may be closed or deleted, which includes, but is not limited to, such questions and subjects as:

* How to perform specific sexual activities (i.e., "How do I give a blow job?" "What are some new sexual positions?")
* Illegal drug use or abuse (including alcohol use under the legal drinking age)
* Illegal or patently unsafe sexual activities (i.e., bestiality, rape, incest, purposefully transmitting disease or infection, etc.)
* Stated intent to engage in potentially dangerous or illegal activities or practices

Posts which contain any of the above may be removed or edited at our discretion for your safety and ours."

You have been asked to remove material that gives specific technique advice because it is not in agreement with those guidelines. It is also a sort of unofficial policy of sorts to keep all information and links 13+; the site you've linked to in this instance sells erotica and has explicit technique advice aimed towards adult audiences, which is not age-appropriate for all users, and presents legal issues for us.

We very much appreciate your desire to help and don't think badly of you; it's great to see an instructor among our ranks! If you'd like to talk some more in-depth about making the site work better for you and your students, or if you don't understand the policies, please don't hesitate to get into contact with the staff through the contact form at the bottom of every page. Being as inclusive as possible is something we strive for. [Smile]

meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

Thanks, I've already sent a few emails and am awaiting response. I'll send another email regarding the clarification of these rules.

[ 08-01-2007, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: meeneecat ]

--------------------
-meeneecat

Narwhal
Activist
Member # 34755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Narwhal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, maybe it would help to have clear guidelines as to what kinds of websites/articles it's appropriate to link to, and to include those guidelines in the user agreement?

It seems that's the best way to avoid this type of confusion in future.

Posts: 147 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meeneecat
Neophyte
Member # 34762

I guess I this is subjective (opinion), as to the appropriateness of "sex toys", so naturally it wouldn't be clear in the rules. I personally associate "sex toys" with masturbation and didn't think that on a site that talked about masturbation that masturbation aids were a taboo subject, especially since a lot of girls use them and see them as a safe alternative to partnered sex and intercourse. Again, I don't think the rules are clear, so some guidelines would be helpful in order to prevent inappropriate subjects. I still wonder if this is a personal opinion (that "sex toys" are a no-no) or a rule of the forum. I don't think that if a person had a question pertaining to device aided masturbation that they would be told they were in violation of the rules. But still, I won't reference this particular site, or any other that talks about masturbation aids, again.

--------------------
-meeneecat

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
meeneecat,

If you have a concern regarding the board rules, please utilize the contact us link at the bottom of each page. Heather, our founder, is out of town doing book and site promotion currently. I'm sure she will address your concerns as soon as she is able.

If you look around the boards, you will notice that we do not have a problem with users discussing sex toys. Nor does out editing of your post indicate that we personally have any problem with the site that you linked to. But as Lauren noted earlier,
quote:
You have been asked to remove material that gives specific technique advice because it is not in agreement with those guidelines. It is also a sort of unofficial policy of sorts to keep all information and links 13+; the site you've linked to in this instance sells erotica and has explicit technique advice aimed towards adult audiences, which is not age-appropriate for all users, and presents legal issues for us.

[ 08-02-2007, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.