Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » eggs being relesed from one side only

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eggs being relesed from one side only
purlpletabby
Neophyte
Member # 34711

Icon 7 posted      Profile for purlpletabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi there, not sure if this is a good question but just wanted to ask any way. I've not long found out I'm due to have my 3rd child in jan and was wondering if there is anything worth knowing about the egg being released from the same side every time to conceive. i have a 6year old and 2 year old and now the new one on the way. they were all conceived from my right ovary. with out any miscarriages or anything. just wanted to see if the were any info about it of find some interesting facts that someone might know. i just found it interesting that is all and wanted to see if any one else had any stories too. thanks.
Posts: 2 | From: long jetty australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious how you know they were all conceived from your right ovary unless they were ectopic?
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purlpletabby
Neophyte
Member # 34711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purlpletabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi when u are in having ur ultrasound if it is early enough, there will be a hole like space in ur ovary and the person is able to tell you which side the egg had come from, the hole ends up closing after so many weeks. not sure when but it does and you are not able to tell after that. but i'm 13 weeks already and it was still there to be seen. so if anyone has any other info about it please let me know. i have afew ppl that is interested in this as well. thanks
Posts: 2 | From: long jetty australia | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayeayeaye
Activist
Member # 16787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayeayeaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
right...it's not that the baby was concieved in the right ovary, but from it....sometimes your right ovary will release and egg and sometimes it will be one from your left side. like purlpetabby said they can tell from ultrasound which ovary the egg was released from if its early enough.
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.