Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » What did you LIKE about your first time?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you LIKE about your first time?
Master_Of_Puppets
Activist
Member # 29525

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Master_Of_Puppets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bear with me, this is an idea that popped into my head moments after I had sex for the first time last night. Now, by 'sex' in this case I mean penis-in-vagina intercourse and by 'first time' I mean the very first time you had penis-in-vagina intercourse and not your official, first-time-it-actually-worked-out-fine first time [Wink] . Does that make sense? I mean your true first time if possible. Even if it wasn't picture perfect, there must have been something good about it...

What occurred to me is that a lot of the threads I read about having sex for the first time are full of regrets, "I wish I knew then what I know nows" and "I didn't know what I was doings". Those are all valid things to discuss when we talk about having sex, they're important, don't get me wrong [Smile] . However, I don't really see that many threads discussing the best moments of having sex for the first time. After all, its not ALWAYS disappointing and its not always regretable or laughable.

I'll start this off and if you like where this is going I hope you all can share something.

I liked the fact that I waited long enough for sex to feel like it was the natural thing for me to do, I was in a steady relationship with someone I deeply loved and had gotten to know very well as a good friend before becoming a lover. We had privacy, we didn't overplan it (it was mostly spur of the moment, but we both knew it would happen sooner rather than later), we were prepared with condoms and we both worked up to it gradually with other sexual activities.

We spoke before we even went up to his room. I asked him if this was what he really wanted, he asked me the same, then he let me choose what kind of condom he used and inspect it for damage before he even tried to penetrate me. We spoke again and I told him that this might not work perfectly and that we could always try again some other time, he agreed and made sure I didn't feel like I had to 'perform' in any way that I didn't feel ready to.

I think the best thing about my first time was how we both cooperated to make it positive. I was too tight being a virgin and all, it hurt at first (I bled a little bit), but he was very receptive to my requests to stop, stay or start again. Gradually...and very slowly (I stress slowly)...we reached a mutally comfortable position and proceeded to explore what sex is really like (we were both virgins). I enjoyed the sensations a lot, but I didn't actually climax...he did twice and felt ashamed of this, but I told him that I figured that would happen all along and it was alright because I didn't have unrealistic expectations of him. I told him we had all the time in the world to try new things. We were both so happy with ourselves and it was nice to be completely open and intimate with somebody even if it wasn't a mindblowing experience I just felt really good about it...I'm hoping this isn't rare for a first timer. It sounds cliche'd but it really was a beautiful experience for me.

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CryBabyBob07
Neophyte
Member # 33266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CryBabyBob07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first time: My first time having sex was Wednesday morning, March 28th 2007. Except I was stupid enough to not use a condom my first time. I trusted my "partner" I was 19 and him 29. I bled for eight days afterwards. I had just recently had my period two weeks prior for TEN days mind you. I loved the experience, of course he was not a vigin being 29 and all but he made me feel special. I loved every moment of the night. I will never forget it.

April 13th and the 16th we had sex again, and this time it was protected with just a condom, but the 2nd time we had sex (April 13th) the condom fell off inside of me, he pulled it out and then inserted himself in me without a condom on. Then I felt uncomfortable so he put another on and then we continued. April 16th it was pretty much safe the whole time, he went in me without a condom only once. I then got my period the next day and it only lasted 5 days. Then the fourth and last time we had sex (May 2nd) he had the condom on, and then he took it off half way and we continued. Now I never got my period in May. And now my period is 20 days late.

I'm still not over him, we have not really seen each other for a whole month. He told me not to talk to him anymore and things like that. I still feel love for him although he's hurt me in so many ways. I don't think I will ever be officially over him. Since he was my first time. I knew it was too good to be true, especially when my parents called him one night. I had snuck out and spent the night at his house. It really was too good to be true.

Posts: 13 | From: IL | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rina
Activist
Member # 34235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had sex for the first time last night.

It was an amazing experience. I wasn't even close to being disappointed. The only complaint I had was the brief minutes of discomfort while my vagina adjusted to the width of his penis, but compared to what I was expecting, it was nothing. I loved it. And I hope Matt and I experience many more nights like last night in our relationship as it continues. I just can't wait to experiment with different positions now. lol

--------------------
Madwomen seldom think they're crazy.

Posts: 83 | From: in my own little world | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first night of sex was not picture perfect or the best sex ever but it was still good. We're no longer together but my ex and I were both virgins. We both felt very ready as individuals and as a couple to have intercourse. We were prepared with condoms. I did bleed a little afterwards but that was to be expected. We were only together a month but our relationship was very physical to begin with. We broke up a few days after we did it but it wasn't because of the sex, it was because we weren't going anywhere as a couple in the romantic aspect. We however continued to have a sexual relationship--we called it friends with benefits for a couple more months. I called it off after because then I realized that I really wanted an actual relationship and I knew I wasn't going to get it from my ex but I had begun to see someone else not too long after the call off and we've been together since (now married). I don't regret the first time I had sex or that the guy I was with. The only standards that I had when I was ready were being in a relationship, the guy was someone I knew and that i wouldn't have any regrets (and still don't to this day). So it was an positive experience overall for me. [Smile]

--------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AsheyEllie
Neophyte
Member # 26378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AsheyEllie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for bumping but I'd like to read more reactions on peoples' first times.

My first time happened two days ago and where it was very private, relaxed and romantic. We had music of our favorite songs on to keep us chilled and everything went nice and slow. My boyfriend paid attention to me the whole time and tried his best to make me comfortable....I felt like the only woman on earth.

I liked that I'm finally in a relationship with someone I deeply loved and trust. He was my best friend-turned-long relationship boyfriend-turned-official in-state boyfriend...haha.

Although the first time sex happened, it hurt (I know I was naturally well-lubricated but we didn't use extra help) a little but once he was inside, things were okay. Sex felt really weird for me...although I had a slight pleasure I had to say I was bothered by the discomfort more than anything. We switched positions a lot. I did not climax but he did...but that's okay because he made up earlier with the clitoral stimulation I found most pleasuring. It wasn't the best but it was a day to remember because it represented a part of me that I could finally give to someone I truly loved.

We will definitely experiment more next time and see how we can improve things [Smile]

[ 06-24-2007, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: xCayumie ]

Posts: 17 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hendrixgirl21
Neophyte
Member # 34450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hendrixgirl21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first time with my now fiancee was 2 years ago and very romantic and sweet and it was very pleasureable for both of us. We planned it and everything. I can't describe it wow! Sex is wow oh so awesome and a great thing to share with someone you love.
Signed, Hendrixgirl21

Posts: 2 | From: Little Rock, Arkansas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.