Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » using a mirror

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: using a mirror
lovelylucy
Neophyte
Member # 33985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovelylucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know if anyone else has done this but, I have been using a mirror to see myself when i masturbate.

I love to see what i look like when i get really turned on, it makes me so much more aroused.

Am I the only one?

lovelylucy

Posts: 3 | From: oxford | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that's what works for you, that's what works for you. There's no reason to feel self-conscious about it or seek affirmation, even if it's not a common practice (which I doubt). The only rule with masturbation is that anything goes as long as it doesn't do you nor anyone else harm. [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also like to remind other users that if they do want to chime in, please watch your language. Keep it rated PG-13 or safer.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never actually looked in a mirror while masturbating myself simply because I never thought of it. But now that you mention it, I'm rather curious to see what it does look like. I think it's important to look at yourself and see what you look like when you are healthy so you know if anything is out of the ordinary for your body. Unfortunately, I have a hard time looking in a mirror because everytime I try to I get really bad back pain from bending close enough to see (I have poor eye-sight too). If I could find a mirror big enough that magnified I'd get that. I'm just really curious to see what everything looks like on me. Also, someone else mentioned in another post that she could pull back the hood of her clitoris. Is that really possible? I thought that would be painful. There really is so much about my body I don't know but wish I did.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trippy
Activist
Member # 30313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trippy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive never done that myself, but you frequently hear about people wanting mirrored ceilings or walls in hotel rooms dont you? So I guess that quite a few people do find it a turn on to see themselves when they're having sex or masturbating.
Posts: 82 | From: at my desk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelylucy
Neophyte
Member # 33985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovelylucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ocra and Trippy for your replies. I never thought about it until a girl friend of mine suggested looking at my self (whole body) in a mirror as a way of getting to feel better about myself when I feeling down. The idea was to become more comfortable with myself, faults and all, in my own head. It worked a treat at first then it got more interesting! lol ll

[ 05-26-2007, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: lovelylucy ]

Posts: 3 | From: oxford | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ravenclaw_x
Neophyte
Member # 34177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenclaw_x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never used a mirror to see myself masturbate before but I have used one to simply see what it looks like down there. Lol.
But I wonder what I do look like when I masturbate.
Hmm... I'm curious now.
Good post. [Smile]

[ 06-04-2007, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Ravenclaw_x ]

Posts: 5 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovelylucy
Neophyte
Member # 33985

There are other benefits too like getting to know your body better. Gotta be a good thing, give it a go, no harm done..

ll

shroomroom
Activist
Member # 29469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shroomroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look in a mirror quite a bit when i'm doing that, or just to admire. It doesn't, as you say, turn me on more when i'm watching myself; I think its just vanity or something... I think it would be fun to have sex in front of a mirror too.
Posts: 56 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.