Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » so am I.... or not???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so am I.... or not???
babygurl2285
Neophyte
Member # 33572

Icon 5 posted      Profile for babygurl2285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've been fingered, eaten out, given blow jobs, you know the drill. but i haven't actually had sexual intercourse (mainly because my mom won't let me start taking the pill til i start high school and is only letting me then because my dad is making me [Smile] ) So am I still considered a virgin or not???? my current boyfriend has asked me and i don't plan on lying but i don't know if i'm consider a virgin or not.

--------------------
.:~!str8 up pimped babigurl!~:.

Posts: 27 | From: Tennessee, USA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LFH
Neophyte
Member # 33487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LFH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends. Do you consider yourself a virgin? Different people have their own definition of what virginity is. The dictionary definition is that a virgin is someone who has never had sex, before. Thing is, what counts as sex? Does it have to be penis-vagina intercourse? That's the usual line for more heterosexual couples, but when I go donate blood, they consider oral sex to be sex, tool.

So, tell your boyfriend what you think you are. If you want to be really honest, tell him what you have and have not done, in addition to whether you consider yourself a virgin, or not. Right now, though, I think you're the only one who can make that call. [Smile]

--------------------
Liberal Feminist Hippie

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as a note, regardless of whether you consider yourself a "virgin" or not (since it is a personal construct rather than a medical one), you are sexually active. So when you go to the doctor, you will want to respond honestly about the fact that you are active. All of the activities you've mentioned do have STI risks, so you'll want to be honest so that your doctor will know what to check for (if you're not having regular checks yet, you'll want to start that ASAP).

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.