Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Burning sensatoin while having sex..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burning sensatoin while having sex..
number11
Activist
Member # 6500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for number11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all. Haven't been here in a while but this forum has always been the best source of info for me, so here is another dilema that requires your input [Wink]

Lately (about a month or so) my long-term girlfriend has been having some burning senstations when she pees and even more so when we have sex. Last night it burned her realy bad so we started to get a bit nervous. To make the issue a bit worse, she complained about the pain in one of the overies. I just can't figure out what that all means [Confused]

When she was younger she had some bacterial infection that could be the source of these problems. A few weeks back we checked to see if that is back but it isn't. One of the other things we think is pregnency and these are some weird signs of it, but then again she is on the pill and i havent ejaculated inside her in quite some time.

Well i guess that's all. Tell me what you think. Thanx!

--------------------
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

Posts: 62 | From: Serbia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burning during sex can often be due to not enough lubrication, are you using additional lube with intercourse?
AND are you both up to date with STI checks? This can also be a source of burning pain.
Bladder infections as well can cause pain when peeing so I think a doctors check for both of these is the first step before engaging in anymore sex [Smile]

[ 04-09-2007, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: NoisyPinkBubbles ]

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
number11
Activist
Member # 6500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for number11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tell me that pregnency is out of the question and both of would breathe a bit easyer [Smile] Then the chances are it is some infection with can brobably be taken care of by medication [Wink]
Posts: 62 | From: Serbia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
archer
Activist
Member # 27799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for archer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your girlfriend has been taking the pill regularly and on time, the chances of pregnancy are unlikely..and if you're talking about the fact that you had sex last night and she's experiencing burning sensation then let me tell you it's too early for her to feel any symptoms...first of all pregnancy symptoms don't always occur to all and even if they do they'll take some weeks to creep up....it's likely to be something else...
Posts: 104 | From: India | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, burning sensations aren't a pregnancy symptom.

if she's taking her pill correctly, then there's really no reason to have a large concern about pregnancy, though if you worry a lot about pregnancy, it's pretty easy to double up with condoms and eradicate all those risks.

You're right: it's more than likely a UTI or other infection, and she should go see her doctor to find out what's going on so she can get treated ASAP.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
number11
Activist
Member # 6500

That's good to hear, a mild infection is by far a "easyer problem" then pregnency. We'll go for a check up as soon as posibile [Smile] Thanx a lot for the replys :*

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.