Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pimple

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pimple
DH_F
Neophyte
Member # 29115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DH_F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if there is a pimple on a penis and you give that person oral could you catch anything. but you knew it was just one pimple and thats never happened before.
Posts: 15 | From: michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, how can you be certain it is just a pimple? I wouldn't recommend risking anything unless a doctor had checked it out and said that it's all it is. Seriously. Don't mess around with your sexual health. when was the last time he had an STI screen?

Second, you should always be using a condom anyway for oral sex. This will help with STI risks. Plus, if it is just a pimple do you want it popping in your mouth?? Condoms make things MUCH safer, plus you can avoid the mess that goes along with unprotected oral sex.

So: get it checked, and use a condom anyway. If you aren't sure, it can wait until you are.

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DH_F
Neophyte
Member # 29115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DH_F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well neitehr one of us has ever done anythign with anyone before...so i dont really see how it could be and std.
Posts: 15 | From: michigan | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
STIs are called that because of their primary form of transmission; it certainly isn't the only one. So no, being a virgin does not exclude you from having to practice safer sex.

Besides: condoms are cheap, and make cleanup easier, and for your partner, there's flavored condoms and lubes.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DH_F
Neophyte
Member # 29115

my partner and i use a condom we practice safe sex. my question was, if there is a pimple on a penis and you know for sure that it is a penis will you get herpes from it. or is it if it is a blister on a penis then you will get something. but if it is just a pimple is there anything to worry about.
faifai
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, we are not able to diagnose said pimple or blister over the Internet. If you have a mystery bump somewhere, get it checked out by a doc. You can't get herpes from pimples. But you don't know if this is a pimple for sure, as you are now using the term "blister," and all sorts of things can look like blisters in that area that DO need prompt attention, before the blister pulls a disappearing act because doctors need to see it to possibly do tests. And yes, you can get herpes in that area without having intercourse specifically, other forms of contact can spread it, so if that's how you define "doing anything" then you definitely need an STI screen.

For now, use condoms.

[ 03-12-2007, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: faifai ]

--------------------
disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.