Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » masturbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masturbation
papereboy1996
Neophyte
Member # 21465

Icon 1 posted      Profile for papereboy1996     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have read many articles on masturbation in which something about using a lubricant is written
i want to know when i am masturbating just using my hand and penis then what is the use of a lubricant?
is there any need of lubricant?

Posts: 37 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Lube can smooth things up a little when masturbating (or when it comes to sex !), it tends to lessen the friction.

It's not an obligation at all for guys to use lube when they masturbate but some guys just like it better that way.

So this is something entirely up to you. [Smile]

[ 03-07-2007, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lubricant of some sort is often recommended for circumcised men, since the amount of friction on the glans of the penis is less controlled. Plenty of circ'd guys masturbate fine without a lubricant, preferring the extra friction.

If your foreskin is intact, this is often unnecessary altogether, as it provides natural cushioning and lubrication. All down to what works for you. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phill
Neophyte
Member # 31826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's me alright. i mean that i'm circ'd.
i'm not old enough to go to a sex shop so how do i use lubricant. meaning, how do i get it or make it? how to use it?
i googled it but got nothing lol

thanks

[ 03-09-2007, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Phill ]

Posts: 14 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dannie
Activist
Member # 30060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best way for you to get lube would be to head out to your local drug store, or any where that sells condoms. The lube will usually be right there with those items.
Posts: 47 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phill
Neophyte
Member # 31826

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm too young to access any of these stores.
Posts: 14 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can normally buy lube at a grocery store even now. In the health section where the condoms are they always have lube. Any body can get it and there is no age limit on buying it.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phill
Neophyte
Member # 31826

ok i'm kind of ashamed to do tht coz i'd hav to go wif my parents.
anything else does the job, or shouldi wait until i go 2 da shop ?

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, water-based lube is always the best thing to use when it comes to sex or masturbation in terms of lubrication. It's intended just for that, sexual use, while we can't say the same thing for other things such as vaseline (it could still work for masturbation but it might not be the best) or such. And that's without counting that it's a lot less messy too--it's easier to clean.

So, if you're ashamed of going with your parents, how about let's say going with a friend or taking the bus or any other such transport mean ? Would that be possible for you ?

[ 03-09-2007, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PiedPiper1221
Neophyte
Member # 32887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PiedPiper1221     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could one use lotion as lube?
Posts: 8 | From: Cali | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Males may use hand/body lotion as masturbatory lubricant, but this is not recommended in females.

It has many potentially irritating ingredients such as glycerin that can lead to vaginal infections. A much safer alternative is personal lubricant.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For male masturbation? Yes. But for female masturbation, no, as lotion can have ingredients that could irritate the genitals and put you at higher risk of developing an infection, such as a yeast infection.

(Mindemeld!)

[ 03-10-2007, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Post I replied to disappeared, oops! Feel free to delete this.)

[ 03-14-2007, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phill
Neophyte
Member # 31826

thanks for your answers, i appreciate it alot!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.