Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » why does it hurt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why does it hurt
Rozyo
Neophyte
Member # 32777

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Rozyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well hi to you people

yeah well my quiestion is that when me and my bf have sex we are both eroused quite alot and i was wondering, why is it that i have alot of pain while "doing it" but it felt good.. after guards am usually sore for 1 whole day sometimes 2.
i asked some of my friends but they told me that they dint really have any pain as they got used to it. so i was wondering is this normal? [Confused]

--------------------
Tatu

Posts: 5 | From: Lilburn GA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, painful intercourse is never normal.

Are you using condoms and lubrication? When was your last GYN exam?

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bestbefore1984
Neophyte
Member # 28070

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bestbefore1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a similar problem (wasn't sure if I should post a new topic or not). When my partner and I have intercourse, my 'area' sometimes hurts after or during, to the point that we've had to stop because of it. It's usually worse if we've been going for a while, but not always. Then when it's over I have a lot of redness and swelling, with a sensation similar to rugburn. Pretty painful and lasts 1 or 2 days. What could be causing this and is there anything I can do? Thanks!!
Posts: 9 | From: california | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look at this: From OW! to Wow: Identify the causes of Painful Vaginal Sex and Kick the Pain to the Curb.

Anything in there apply to you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bestbefore1984
Neophyte
Member # 28070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bestbefore1984     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not really... I actually read that a couple weeks ago! Could it possibly just be that we're too 'enthusiastic'? We've been together about a year, and I'm on the pill, so maybe it's a lubrication issue? Thanks again.
Posts: 9 | From: california | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm confused.

You say nothing on that list there applies, but then in asking if this could be a lubrication issue, am I understanding that you aren't using extra lubricant (which is one thing in that list)?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rozyo
Neophyte
Member # 32777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rozyo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for all you guys replies maybe it is the lubrication thing.. no we dont used an extra lubricant.... or condoms...thanx u all ^_^

--------------------
Tatu

Posts: 5 | From: Lilburn GA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rozyo:
thanks for all you guys replies maybe it is the lubrication thing.. no we dont used an extra lubricant.... or condoms...thanx u all ^_^

Wait your not using condoms?
You know about the risk of STD/I's right? Have you or your partner been checked out in the last 6 months. You may want to think about using condoms just to protect you from those issues.

--------------------
Elizabeth

"Peace is not the absence of war; it is a virtue; a state of mind; a disposition for benevolence; confidence; and justice." -Spinoza

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gothicguy
Neophyte
Member # 32417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gothicguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving aside the question of condoms/STIs - get some lubricant and use it generously!

--------------------
SSC is a good idea for vanilla people too!

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CondomMan
Activist
Member # 32823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CondomMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rozyo:

You mentioned that you aren't using condoms or lubrication ... are you using any form of birth control? If you think sex is painful now, think about how painful unexpected pregnancy will be, both physically and emotionally. [Eek!] Not to be rash, but I think if you're not using birth control, you have bigger issues to worry about than just uncomfortable sex...

That said, the most common reasons that sex is uncomfortable is due to lack of lubrication, arousal or communication.

[ 02-24-2007, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: CondomMan ]

--------------------
Condoms Rock!

Posts: 52 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Hey: let's do our users a favor please, and not presume they're having sex without a birth control method because that method isn't condoms? Many of our uses are on hormonal birth control. While that doesn't address STI concerns, stern warnings about pregnancy because a user doesn't use condoms aren't often in order, okay?

Too, as we ask in the guidelines, we like to avoid a lot of "me too" posting that can make a posted feel ganged-up on. In oter words, she's already been informed before the last two posts about the need for lubrication and linked to the Ow to Wow piece. Thanks.)

[ 02-24-2007, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

CondomMan
Activist
Member # 32823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CondomMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well put, thanks for the friendly amendment.

--------------------
Condoms Rock!

Posts: 52 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.