Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Cystitis or Bladder Infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cystitis or Bladder Infection?
k_leigh7692
Neophyte
Member # 30348

Icon 2 posted      Profile for k_leigh7692     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This weekend, my boyfriend and I did a lot of making love because it's our three year anniversery. Last night was the most recent and we used a condom with KY Liquid because I've started my placebo pills. I didn't start feeling any discomfort until the very end where the lubrication all of a sudden seemed to disappear and it felt like the latex was rubbing me raw so we had to stop.

I started feeling the usual post-sex discomfort that I always have, but then as the night went on, it started to get worse. I tried to urinate after the sex since it flushes out bacteria, but when I did, it was painful and burned (assuming I must have some kind of small cut or abrasion) but I urinated very little. This went on all night long, with my feeling to need to urinate still there.

I woke up this morning at 4am needing to use the bathroom again and when I did, I urinated more than I had that day, but right at the end, it felt like someone had put my bladder in a vice grip. For the next hour, I had what I assume to be bladder spasms, which were painful.

It's still happening, but not nearly as painful as the 4am one. My lower back is aching and I still feel the need to urinate. I've been drinking a lot of ginger ale because that's the only almost non-sugary thing we have right now and it seems to be helping.

Could anyone tell me what's up? I think it may be another bladder infection, but the intense spasms didn't happen last time. Thanks.

Posts: 31 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at your history, I'm having a lot of "Hmmmmms" over here, so I'm going to ask some questions.

Are you still having intercourse when you're still just not experiencing any pleasure from it? Too, when you have sex like this a lot, ARE you also doing things you DO enjoy? Are you reaching orgasm at all?

Are you also still using BCPs?

Have you tried using a better lubricant than the KY?

Also, were you previously diagnosed with the bladder infection? When was that? If you were, did you do a full course of antibiotics, the whole works?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.