Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Male jewelry...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Male jewelry...
Menthol
Activist
Member # 30995

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Menthol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do various peircings of the male anatomy have a significant effect on the liklihood of a condom breaking?

Does this vary with the type of peircing or size/type of jewelry? (barring the obvious like barbells with conical ends)

My google-fu isn't gleaning any facts... every source says something different.

--------------------
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
~Ayn Rand

Posts: 85 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conan
Neophyte
Member # 32349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for conan         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you think common sense would indicate that any metal object inside of a condom that is under stress from being stretched and moved might cause it to break? I would also think that a piercing on a females genitals might cause a condom to break as well.
Posts: 11 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Menthol
Activist
Member # 30995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menthol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not asking for your conjecture or condescension... or your conservative bias, if your previous posts are any indication. I seek facts.

Nevermind that most body jewelry is smooth, with no sharp edges to catch the latex. And if done properly, there isn't enough room for jewelry to wiggle about freely.

My question stems from the fact that on occasion i have put on latex gloves while still wearing rings and noticed what appeared to be a chemical reaction between the metal and the latex.

--------------------
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
~Ayn Rand

Posts: 85 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In Love With My Baby
Activist
Member # 31696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In Love With My Baby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My sister works at a tattoo nd piercing shop...i will be sure to have her ask so i can post here
Posts: 127 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the Unversity of Texas @ Austin website, Safer Sex/Health page:

quote:
Men who wear penis jewelry should use condoms with larger receptacle ends...Lubricating the jewelry as well as the inside of the condom greatly reduces the risk of tearing.
I'd venture to guess that wearing average sized genital jewelry wouldn't affect a condom too much, permitting the male chooses a condom with a larger recepticle end to allow room.

[ 01-21-2007, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: JamsessionVT ]

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can aquire barbell-ends that are shaped rather like Smarties, and are flat and smooth-edged.
This means that there is a lot less stress put on the condom and there aren't any edges which may catch it and cause tears [Smile]
Lubrication also helps greatly.
I have heard personal experiences of this so..yeah [Big Grin]

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmileyGuy1974
Activist
Member # 31422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmileyGuy1974     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Menthol,

I don't have any peircings, but I was thinking about your question and thought, hey, how about a "test run." If your curiosity has got the best of you, purchase a few of your favorite condom brands and experiment on your own to see if the condom tears, slips, etc. You can try different combinations of pressure, pace and lubricant amounts to see what works best. Plus, the worst case scenario when practicing yourself is.....well, there is no worse case scenario! Excellent!

Just a thought. Good Luck.

Posts: 71 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacia
Neophyte
Member # 29313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nah it wont break unless u no if its like a spike or something cuz i had the same question and asked my cuzin she is a professional pericer hope i helped

--------------------
i remember the first night i fell for u....and baby i still havent gotten up<3

Posts: 26 | From: west carrollton | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.