Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Ky-the warming kind?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ky-the warming kind?
Member # 32084

Icon 12 posted      Profile for SmileShannonSmile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a friend of mine just asked me is the KY that warms just for massages or can u use it for sex?
Posts: 6 | From: here and there | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the manufacturer, you can use KY warming lubricant for sex. However, the KY Brand TOUCH MASSAGE Body Massage Oils are NOT designed for use as a personal lubricant and are not compatable with condoms...thus they definatley should not be used for sex. So your friend should carefully read the label of whatever product he/she is considering using.

I would personally probably NOT recommend using any warming product for intercourse or other penetrative activity. I've heard/read MANY reports of various warming products (including KY warming) causing burning, irritation, and other discomfort when used on the genitals.

Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 30995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menthol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again. They use Acacia Honey for that warming sensation. HONEY.

I've recently read that other brands use cinnamon.

Please, don't use any warming oils or lubes on your vagina. please.

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
~Ayn Rand

Posts: 85 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 32184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheMadMorrigan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex and I tried the warming gel once, but it was double-whammy bad:

1) It wasn't very lube-like. The consistency was too thin, for me, and it didn't do too great a job at lubricating much of anything.

2) The warming agent was reallly irritating. The vagina and surrounding areas are very sensitive, so I'd definitely say to skip it and use standard KY or Astroglide for intercourse and keep the warming lube for other stuff.

Posts: 33 | From: Gainesville, FL | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faifai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a similar experience as Verbum. As a lube, it wasn't very effective - it is too thin and evaporates easily.

The warming effect was only noticeable to me on my hands, but my partner reported discomfort with the way it heats up (likened it to a persistent, light burning/tingling sensation).

Also, it doesn't taste as neutral as other lubes like Astroglide...should you get any in your mouth.

disconnect and let me drift/until my upside down is right side *in*

Posts: 640 | From: The Valley of the Sun, AZ, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.