Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Irritation from Lubricant ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Irritation from Lubricant ?
VanilliShakez
Neophyte
Member # 13017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanilliShakez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my boyfriend and I had sex last night for the first time, and it was a wonderful experience for the both of us. He used a Trojan Warming Sensations condom for protection, which had warming lube( of course, I didn't notice it.) The only thing on my mind now is this odd tingly sensation I have near my urethra. I feel like I have to urinate constantly and it just feels..tingly, similar to how my groin feels after clitoral stimulation.

I was wondering if this was because of the lubricant on the condom irritating my urinary opening, or maybe I have a UTI? Or is this kind of irritation normal for a few days after sex? Thanks!

Posts: 7 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard quite a few reports of people (especially women) being irritated by warming lubricants used during sex. So really, I'd toss the warming lube (or the condoms with the lube on it) in favor of some with regular (non-spermicidal) lube (or even no lube) and get some nice regular condom-safe lubricant to use as well. You might be noticing the tingling from the lube, or from a combination of the lube and the friction...or you might be working on a UTI. If the feeling hasn't subsided by tomorrow, I'd suggest contacting your doctor to get checked.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Menthol
Activist
Member # 30995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Menthol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DITCH THE WARMING LUBE. Do you know what they put in it for that warming sensation?

acacia honey. That's right... HONEY. Not something you want to put in your vagina.

--------------------
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
~Ayn Rand

Posts: 85 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanilliShakez
Neophyte
Member # 13017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanilliShakez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ew, honey?! That's gross! Why would they do that when that definitely causes yeast infections?

And the feeling is subsiding now. It's only a little tingly, so I think it was just irritation. We have regular condoms with lubrication along with some plain ol' Astro-Glide for next time. I dont want to try the warming stuff again- I didn't notice much warmth added or anything.

Posts: 7 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.