Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » inflammation/zit at the 'wrong' place

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: inflammation/zit at the 'wrong' place
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey all!

this is sort of strange, but i have a pimple-like inflammation on my vaginal lip...the labia minora i think. it's the first time it's happened, but there's no pus and it looks like a regular big zit. it also feels rather achy upon trying to squeeze it. any idea on what it is?

--------------------
still flowin on the river of life...and i have no regrets.

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridian2x
Activist
Member # 22484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridian2x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there

Are you sexually active?? Because it could be something else besides a pimple if you are.

Also, pimples tend to pop up in the labia majora, where the hair is, due to clogged pores there, or shaving off the hair.

I'm not quite sure if its normal or not to get a pimple on your labia minora, but just like every other part of your body, it does have pores, so i guess it could happen.

Just to be safe though, I'd check in with your doctor. My boyfriend had a bump on the shaft of his penis, and just to be safe, he went to the doctor, and he said it was due to a clogged pore, and it would just go away.

Hope this helps, Best of luck [Smile]

--------------------
--the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return--

Posts: 133 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, thanks so much for your help [Smile] . i am sexually active, but have not had sex for the past four months as my boyfriend is away, doing medical research. you may be right, that it's just a blocked pore =).

have a good day ahead.

--------------------
still flowin on the river of life...and i have no regrets.

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.