Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Comdom rolls up when Mastrabating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comdom rolls up when Mastrabating
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfc4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I wanted to make sure that I could put on a comdom and yes I did it without much bother. Only thing is that when i moving my hand up my penis the roll would move halfway up and then when I went down it would go to the bottom again. I am just worried this might happen when I have sex or is it different from Mastrabating.

Thanks

Posts: 49 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom doesn't stay put, it may just be that it doesn't fit snugly enough. You might want to try using a condom in a different size - you shouldn't have any problem getting them in pharmacies.

(Good on you for practicing, by the way! That's a really important step towards being ready for sex. [Smile] )

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmileyGuy1974
Activist
Member # 31422

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmileyGuy1974     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with LucysDiamonds: Good for you for practicing! Now, on to the issue of the condom roll-up.
As stated above, the size of the condom is a consideration. Another consideration is lubrication. I have experienced the same problem with condoms when I masturbate. I found that a dry hand would roll the condom up and then back down as you have described. However, I started using plenty of lubricant and the problem resolved itself.
I can see how the same theory would apply to sexual intercourse. Women produce vaginal secretions that lubricate the penis(wrapped in a condom for safe sex, of course) for intercourse naturally. However, you and your partner can't always count on the natural lubrication, so use WATER BASED lubricant for intercourse. The oil based lubes (like baby oil or petroleum jelly)will break the integrity of the condom down with amazing speed.
Thus, the point to remember is that lubricants are your friends, and WATER BASED lubricants are your best friends.

Posts: 71 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI, if it's rolling up, rather than slipping off, it may likely be a matter of a condom that is too SNUG, rather than too large.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfc4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you please explain what Snug means?

Thanks for the comments

Posts: 49 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snug means that it might fit a bit too tightly, though it may not seem very tight, but just a bit tighter... did that help?

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just to clear up - fitting snuggly means that it fights tightly around the base of the penis, and that it doesn't feel as though it's slipping/falling off, rolling up, or cutting off circulation or painful; it doesn't mean that it's fitting at all "too" rightly [Smile] )

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.