Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » it tastes so bad!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it tastes so bad!
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I need some advise here. (First I must let you all know that I've been gone for so long because I was moving and I'm not seeing the guy I was with before. But, I have met someone new and wonderful)

Anyways, I have a problem with myself, I guess. My lips get really chapped a lot, and I feel like I go through chapstick faster than anyone should. When I kiss my boy for more than a minute or two, my lips are really really dry and not slippery anymore. He also really likes it when I kiss his neck and upper shoulder area and they dry out then too. And I don't want to be reapplying chapstick all the time and in the middle of stuff...

So beyond just this being an annoying problem, it happens when I give him oral too. I guess this is the part that I really want help with: We use condoms, and that seems to make the problem worse. Even though they have lube on them, it's gone after a couple minutes, and at that point neither of us want to stop. I haven't found a lube that I like the taste of at all, which is just sad. The biggest problem with this is that if my lips are dry they stick and there is no "sliding" going on. Two days ago I cracked my lip open it was so bad. So while I'm waiting for that to heal, any ideas??

I've used whipped cream and chocolate syrup in the past, and they helped a lot, but they got sticky fast and the chocolate stained his bed. We lay down during oral, so gravity isn't a problem. I guess that since lubes just don't taste good to me, I was wondering if anyone had any "food" kind of ideas for me? (Or really anything, I just figure that I like the taste of food)

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridian2x
Activist
Member # 22484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridian2x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there.

Seeing as your lips are dry, I would say drink more water. It really hydrates you, and I sometimes have the same problem. If you just drink more water it should help a bit.

Also before you two start kissing or what have you, you can put chap stick on, and then a wet lipgloss. That may help a bit. I've also found that vitamin E that comes in a little bottle, liquid form, if put on your lips, really really really helps dry lips, and its also slippery.

As for food that you could use, haha, yeah all i can think of is chocolate syrup which you've tried. I guess you could also try honey. But that may tend to get stickey too... and i'm not sure about the taste.

What condoms do you use?? because i've used Durex brand, lubricated & flavored, for oral sex, and they come in tropical punch, orange, and banana. And i am quite fond of the tropical punch! =) hahaha Sooo. Tell me whats up! Good luck!!

Posts: 133 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do put on chapstick right before hand. I keep it in my purse... I also drink tons of water, and I'm in love with gatorade... I keep a bottle of one or the other in my purse too... (I've had past hydration / fainting problems and my doc's recommended it anyways) So I drink way more than the min requirements now.

Lip gloss is a great idea, but I do have a bad habit of eating ANYTHING yummy (or even bad) flavored off my lips right away... come to think of it, practically eating my own lips is prolly contributing to the problem! But, I guess if I put on some lip gloss right before I could restrain myself [Smile] Where would I find this vitamin E stuff, and any ideas on how much it costs (hehe, no income trying to pay for college).

He actually suggested peanut butter today. It was really really funny (kind of an out of nowhere comment), so once this cut on my lip is gone, I think I might could try that [Smile] Honey seems sticky beyond cleaning lol

I use Durex and Lifestyle brands. (I have severe skin allergies and not a lot of options. I go with whatever I haven't had a problem with yet and avoid trying anything new.) I've never tried flavored condoms, I always buy plain ones and tried lots of my old roomies flavored lubes out on top of that. I haven't tried the tropical punch ones... I'll see if she's got any. Thanks for the help!!

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
floridian2x
Activist
Member # 22484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for floridian2x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

You're welcome!

And as for the vitamin E stuff, i got mine at Walmart, and it wasn't expensive at all. I want to say it was like $2.00 but i'm not quite sure. It was definately under $5.00 though!

And yeah, peanut butter sounds good. haha i was sitting here yesterday replying to your post, trying to think of what you could use, and i couldn't for the life of myslef, think of anything!! hahaha

Well good luck! and yeah keep those durex lubed and flavored condoms in mind. i think you can check them out on line too.. at the durex site.

[ 10-25-2006, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: floridian2x ]

Posts: 133 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.