Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » How do YOU remember your Pill??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do YOU remember your Pill??
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, what methods do you use to remember to take your birth control pill every day?

Personally I set my cell phone alarm to go off at noon everyday to remind me [Smile]

Anyone else?

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Handy-dandy alarm clock! I'm usually in my room around 5 every day, so I have my alarm clock set to go off then. It's also useful because I like taking afternoon naps, usually starting between 4 and 4:30, so 5 is a good time to wake up. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of those lucky people that can just remember things, but it might have to do with the fact that I used to take it before I got ready to go out in the evenings, which was always the same time.
Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stila
Neophyte
Member # 30611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I was just wondering how you guys decide to take the pill? What factors did you consider beforehand?
Posts: 39 | From: Montreal | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first off, i put my pills with my contacts so when i go to put them in in the morning, they're right there. (and its not like im gonna forget to put in my contacts, i might as well be blind without them!)

Second, i started taking them because my period was way to long and way to heavy for me to handle. I thought about what the risks were, and compared them to the positive stuff, and frankly the positives way out the negatives by a long shot!(at least in my book [Smile] )

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stila
Neophyte
Member # 30611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were you guys every scared that there might be some kind of birth-defects or infertiliy in the future? I know there has been no studies to find a direct cause.. but you know.. what if...
Posts: 39 | From: Montreal | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. If effects such as those were a good possibility, combination birth control pills wouldn't be the #1 prescription contraceptive for so many years.

Infertility is only temporary; the body usually returns to its normal pattern within several months of stopping oral contraceptive use. Many women who choose to become pregnant do so within a few months of stopping the pill.

The FWHC page on birth control pills ( here ) states that there is little likelihood of birth defects; usually two missed withdrawal bleeds is enough to indicate pregnancy.

If you really don't like the idea of using hormonal contraception (and there's not a thing wrong with that!) you still have other options; a diaphragm/cervical cap or condoms, for example. [Smile]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitness
Neophyte
Member # 31079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my pill in the morning almost as soon as I open my eyes up. Whenever I`m not at home(like at a friends house) I put them in my makeup case so if I forget to take them when I wake up, I`ll remember to take them when I put my makeup on in the morning.
Posts: 3 | From: canada | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.