Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » does size really matter??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does size really matter??
Ya Boy Lani
Neophyte
Member # 30926

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ya Boy Lani         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not trying to be ignorant or anything of the sort but i was wondering if a 7inch penis is the average penis size.My ex-girlfriend told her friends about the size of my penis and now alot of girls at my school are always "throwing themselves" at me.Im not complaining at all.But I was wondering....Does size really matter to girls?Does this make me more desirable to women because their wondering how well I can perform during sex?
Posts: 1 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Penis size has very little bearing in sexual function. In terms of women's pleasure during intercourse, stimulation occurs when the vagina stretches to accomodate an object; this occurs even with objects much smaller than a penis. The vagina itself, for the record, isn't the centre of pleasure for most women, anyway.

Penis size is overrated much in the same way breast size in women is. Society and the media have decided that bigger is better, despite the fact that either body part functions equally regardless of size.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kitka
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kitka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Btw, what your ex did wasn't particularly polite.
You would feel differently if she had said something negative.

Off what Lauren's said - size isn't an indicator of performance. "Good" performance comes from experience - it's a matter of learning how to pleasure your partner mentally, emotionally, and physically. That has absolutely nothing to do with size.

Posts: 455 | From: New York, NY | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blarg
Neophyte
Member # 27213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blarg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, the average man's penis is about 5 inches or so. 7 inches is certainly above average; despite the fact that size really doesn't matter at all, many guys who have emotional issues with their penis size would envy you. Not saying that that's a good thing, but it should at least be encouraging to you should you ever have doubts about your penis size.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.