Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Two questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two questions
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there [Smile]
My first question is about friction during sex.
Last night me and my boyfriend had quite vigurous sex, and I did make sure there was plenty of lube. I will not engage in sex without a good deal of it even when I am aroused.
However, it was really quite rough last night, we didn't notice how rough at the time until afterwards when the itching, slight redness and soreness set in.
We are both STI free, I am on birth control pills and we are comfortable and safe without condoms, so we know that this is friction we have experienced before.

My question is any remedies for this? we both washed ourselves and he made sure his foreskin and head were comfortably lubricated so as not to irritate further.

Second question; My boyfriend sometimes has times when his testicles pull themselves upwards into his body. Mostly when he is masturbating or engaging in other sexual activities.
We were wondering if this is common (I know it might be as it is probably linked to arousal)
He says it scares him quite a bit even though it is nothing serious, but we were also wondering why this happens.

Thankyou!

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kluekozyte
Activist
Member # 29511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kluekozyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per the second question: I know that the muscles of the scrotum contract and relax to regulate the temperature of the testicles so that they can produce sperm. I think I've read that the ideal temperature for sperm production is a bit lower than normal body temperature, so the testicles are normally suspended a little distance away from all that body heat. When it gets too cold (cold shower, cold swim, etc.) the scrotum pulls the testicles into the body to keep them warm. I've never heard of this happening due to anything but temperature, but maybe there is a relation... Someone else will have to help with that part though- that's about the end of my scrotum knowledge.
Posts: 84 | From: NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ghostie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to have to ressurect this topic again >.< but I would still like an answer to my first question, and maybe something more on the second?
I knew about the temperature effects already, but thankyou [Smile]

Posts: 165 | From: England. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per your first question, there's not a whole lot you can do for irritation caused by friction. A little bit of pure aloe vera gel can sometimes soothe the area, but your best bet is just to keep your vulva clean and dry, wear cotton underwear and give it time to heal fully.

I'm not having any luck finding an answer to your second question - if he's concerned, your boyfriend should ask his doctor.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I read somewhere that the muscles in the scrotum do contract when the man is aroused, and especially right before he ejaculates, so I would think it's fairly common.

But if the volunteers don't know anything about it, or if what I read is wrong, then just ignore me and go with what Karybu said. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the second question: When a male is engaging in sexual activity, the scrotum tenses up, getting ready to release semen. When semen is ejaculated, it should relax, and go back to normal state.

[ 10-06-2006, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Brianna ]

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghostie
Activist
Member # 28874

Thankyou so much for all the replies you guys! [Smile]
All very helpful [Big Grin]
Xx<3

Pete
Neophyte
Member # 31009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first questions easy enough, its a natural reaction to a lot of friction and it'll go away probably over night.
The second question is very simple, theres nothing wrong with your boyfriend a mans scrotum will tighten and relax due to temperature, being turned on, relaxed, tension....the list goes on.
Its perfectly normal.

Posts: 4 | From: uk | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.