Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » it seems lyk it wont happen??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it seems lyk it wont happen??
kellie
Neophyte
Member # 27841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 14. me and my bf who iv been with for 8 months, we've been having sex for about 4 months quite alot from about febuary to june unprotected , none of us have s.t.d's so we're ok on that. and then he went away for a few months and he's just got back and we've started having sex again. i never got pregnant before when we wer having sex so do you think i'll b ok this time? can i not have kids or something or was i just really lucky coz we did do it ALOT before
could you please tell me what you think

--------------------
luv kellie xXxXx luvyaz all

Posts: 18 | From: basingstoke | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means you've been very lucky, assuming you're not trying to get pregnant.

Just because you haven't got pregnant in four months doesn't mean you have any problems with fertility.

Doctors don't start checking for fertility problems until a couple have been trying to conceive (including tracking ovulation and aiming to have sex during the most fertile times) for a year or two years.

But your luck could run out at any time.

So if you don't want to get pregnant you need to start using contraception right away.

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tillymac1
Neophyte
Member # 30716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tillymac1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be blunt, you shouldn't be having sex at 14. If you weren't having sex at such a young age, you wouldn't have any pregnancy/infertile worries.

You should also really think about using condoms.

Note: when I said you wouldn't have worries "at a young age", I didn't mean that older women don't have worries with sex.

[ 09-12-2006, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Tillymac1 ]

Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thathollygirl
Activist
Member # 29912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thathollygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tilly--I think it is unfair of you to assume that she is unready for sex simply because of her age. Being young is not the same as being immature.

However, if you are having unprotected sex and don't think anything will come of it, it may be that you really are not ready, and need to examine why you are having sex and how to do it more safely. You might want to have a look at the the sexual readiness checklist as well as the safer sex article. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and all that.

[ 09-12-2006, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: thathollygirl ]

Posts: 70 | From: place | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tillymac1
Neophyte
Member # 30716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tillymac1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"However, if you are having unprotected sex and don't think anything will come of it, it may be that you really are not ready,"

Which is her problem and which is just about why she probably wasn't ready.

Plus she didn't seem at all too sure about sexual facts, bless her, which I am pretty sure one would need to be aware of before having sex.

And its illegal to have sex at 14.

Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While all that's true, it would have been useful to include in your original post. [Smile] We like to keep a friendly atmosphere here, since written forms of communication can be grossly misinterpreted. So, be aware of that when posting in the future. Thanks!

For kellie: There is a lot of validity to Tillymac's arguments. In the UK, the age of consent is 16. You are 14, and therefore unable to legally consent to sexual activity. Doing so can put you and your partner at great risk of legal reprecussions. These are not minor, either: a sexual offense conviction will follow either of you for the rest of your lives, and bar you from working a myriad of jobs, a lot of them with children.

For future reference, then, check out what hollygirl linked you. They're excellent resources for you, and you should definantly take them in to consideration.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.