Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » No Precum

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Precum
Brianna
Activist
Member # 30599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brianna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it normal for a boy not to have precum? I've given my boyfriend handjobs with no lubrication, and I've given him blowjobs, and there's never been any precum.

He said it was good that he didn't have precum because it meant something (I forgot what) wasn't leaking. Something like that.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Virtually all men excrete pre-ejaculate; this is healthy sexual function. The amount, however, varies from male to male, just as not all women will produce the same amount of vaginal lubrication all the time, every time.

It's likely just not a large enough amount to be noticeable.

(I'm going to move this to Sex Basics and Sexual Health, okay?)

[ 09-04-2006, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: Miss Lauren ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kluekozyte
Activist
Member # 29511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kluekozyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is totally from personal experience and I don't make any claims that this is any sort of universal scientific fact, but I have found that the amount of pre-ejaculate varies a lot depending on the situation and my level of arousal. A lot of the time, there is none. But when I'm with my girlfriend engaging in some sort of foreplay or kissing, there is much more pre-ejaculate. This makes me think that it is, as it seems to be a function of arousal, analogous to self-lubrication in the vagina. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that theory?

quote:
He said it was good that he didn't have precum
I don't think it matters one way or the other. Pre-ejaculation is one of those little sexual things that don't really have much importance in the big picture of our sexuality.
Posts: 84 | From: NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caitlain
Neophyte
Member # 30581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caitlain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kluekozyte:
This is totally from personal experience and I don't make any claims that this is any sort of universal scientific fact, but I have found that the amount of pre-ejaculate varies a lot depending on the situation and my level of arousal. A lot of the time, there is none. But when I'm with my girlfriend engaging in some sort of foreplay or kissing, there is much more pre-ejaculate. This makes me think that it is, as it seems to be a function of arousal, analogous to self-lubrication in the vagina. Does anyone know if there's any truth to that theory?

That seems reasonable, and echos what I have experienced with my BFs.

Every guy produces pre-cum as they move toward ejaculation. One of pre-cum's purposes is to lubricate the urethra so that the semen can travel through it without causing, shall we say, unnecessary pain. Shooting that thick liquid through the urethra without having it lubed up would be somewhat painful. Just because you don't see a sign of it doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Posts: 38 | From: Fort Lauderdale, FL | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.