Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Horny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horny
Matt-Trivium
Neophyte
Member # 26708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt-Trivium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
basically.....i do get horny alot and in a average week i probably masterbate 4 or 5 times.
and i do find myself wanting sex all the time quite alot.
me and my girlfriend have sex occationally, like once every month or longer as she wants to cut down.
she thinks that my habit of masterbating is getting obsessive and i do it too much.
is there anyway i could help myself to cut down on masterbating and to stop being horny alot of the time???
thanks x

[ 08-26-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Matt-Trivium ]

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as long as you're respecting your girlfriend's boundaries and keeping your activities to yourself, there's no harm in it. There is no cure for a high sex drive, but masturbation is a good way to keep it under control.
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matt-Trivium
Neophyte
Member # 26708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt-Trivium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i do respect them, we only do things together when she feels like she wants to, i never force her to do anything.
thanks for your help.
x

Posts: 12 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since, given your IPs, you and your girlfriend are using the same computer, have you checked out my answers to her this afternoon?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thathollygirl
Activist
Member # 29912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thathollygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Four or five times? That's not obsessive, especially for a teenager. I often masturbate that often, and everybody knows chicks have lower sex drives! (NOT--that's an absolute lie--sex drive is a personal thing and has nothing to do with gender)

I don't think this is at all anything to worry about. I did have a boyfriend with a seriously messed-up sex drive, and believe me, this is not it. So long as, like you said, you're not pressuring anybody else to satisfy your urges, wank to your heart's content.

Have fun!

Posts: 70 | From: place | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Matthew
Activist
Member # 29890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Matthew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt,

Miz Scarlet gave you and your friend good advice, and I could leave it at that, but since I'm a man I wanted add my assurance that you are completely normal. Getting horny a lot and masturbating a lot is fine for you. It's more than fine, it's pleasureable. Masturbating as you do, and more, is common. There is a large range of frequency among people.

Masturbating a lot has no negative physical effects and may have positive physical effects, and if you don't feel guilty or have stress because of how others view your pleasuring yourself then it has no negative and many positive psychological effects.

If others, like your partner, don't feel the way you do then it may be hard for them to understand the frequent and powerful desires many men, and many women, have and the compulsion to find sexual release. I'm not comfortable with self denial unless there is good reason for it. Whether there is good reason you have to decide.

As far as your drive, and its effect on your relationship, this can create difficulties. Sometimes a partner feels neglected. Sometimes a partner thinks you are being unhealthfully obsessive. Talk about it together, as you are. Perhaps a solution is to find private times to masturbate and you and your partner can adopt a don't ask don't tell policy.

Posts: 220 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kluekozyte
Activist
Member # 29511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kluekozyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forgive me if it is not my place to say this, but it seems to me that your girlfriend has no right or basis to accuse you of being obsessively sexual (as long as, as everyone else has said, no one's pressuring anybody to have sex when they don't want to). Just as you need to respect the fact that she has different sexual needs than you do, she needs to respect you and your level of sexual desire.
Posts: 84 | From: NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.