Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » talking dirty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: talking dirty
November
Activist
Member # 29762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for November     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend says he likes it when i talk dirty to him and he also says that i don't do it at all. this is because i don't know how. i've been talking to him about this, actually i'm talking to him right now. i guess i need to be more detailed. how do i talk dirty? this is such a weird question. i guess the problem is, when he asks me what i want to do to him, i don't have much to say because i'm not detailed AT ALL! help if you can.
Posts: 63 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
November
Activist
Member # 29762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for November     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, one of my friends recommended getting drunk because that worked for him. however funny that is, it is not an option. just in case one of you were to say that.
Posts: 63 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking dirty requires a person to be comfortable saying certain things that society tells us aren't appropriate in polite company.

If you're not comfortable saying certain things, then don't say them. Otherwise, it comes out really awkward and that's just unsexy.

Otherwise, start small. instead of focusing on talking "dirty", learn to be more verbal during sex. State clearly what it is you want and what you like. It's sad how many women can't bring themselves to say, "Oh yes, more of that!" or "No, please stop doing that." But if they learn to communicate during sex, they can improve their sex lives dramatically. Here's your problem: you are unable to clearly say what it is you want. You have some sort of block that keeps you from conveying those ideas. You need to work past that.

Once you get the hang of talking during sex in general, then you can add things to your vocabulary. Start small, like referring to your body parts with vulgar language. Then go back to the idea of communicating to your partner what it is you want to do, and translate that to rated-R talk. Work your way up to expletives as needed. That way, you combine the ability to communicate with your partner, with whatever dirty thing he really wants to hear.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and no, it's a pretty stupid idea to be on a teen website telling people to get drunk.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
November
Activist
Member # 29762

haha, i was joking, as was my friend. computers aren't the best way to communicate emotion. sorry bout that.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.