Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Just looking for some reassurance.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just looking for some reassurance.
trulyloved
Neophyte
Member # 23133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulyloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In I think Feburary, my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex. I am on birthcontrol and he withdrew before ejaculation. I got my period afterwords, and have tested negative on pregnancy tests twice.
However, for the past 2 or maybe even 3 months, I have been having very light periods, aches, weird eating habits and have gained about 12 pounds.
Today, my mother told me that I looked "round- pregnant round". It was somewhat scary to hear, seeing as I start college in 3 weeks.
So am I at risk? Is it possible, to have a period, be on birth control, and abstained from intercourse since then, to be pregnant?

--------------------
---
Found my Romeo~

Posts: 15 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

it seems unlikely to me that you would be pregnant if you got two negative results from pregnancy tests, but you can always test again to double check, and ease your mind.

In the months since your risk, have you been having normal periods? If your period has been more than spotting, then it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant, since you shed the lining of your uterus on your period, and that's where the fetus grows.

Also, if you were on birth control, and had been taking it correctly (on time everyday, and for at least a full cycle) back when you had unprotected sex, the risk was already very low to begin with.

There could be a lot of reasons for aches, weird eating habits, and weight gain. If you've been stressing over this for a while, it's entirely possible that it could be a factor.

My suggestion: go ahead and take another pregnancy test. If this one is also negative (and from what you describe, I think it would be), I'd say with certainty that you're not pregnant.

Hope this helped [Smile]

[ 07-31-2006, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: blysse_norwood ]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trulyloved
Neophyte
Member # 23133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulyloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much!
College transition has be freaking me alittle so that could be the difference in my period.
I'm due to start in 3 days or so. I just wanted to not stress and mess it up and freak myself out.
thanks again!

--------------------
---
Found my Romeo~

Posts: 15 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a problem! [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.