Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I am having trouble putting on condoms. This is what I do

1st Make sure penis is erect
2nd Place ring on top of my penis and roll it down but it only get past the head of my penis and I cant get it any futher plz help

Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princessArae
Neophyte
Member # 29820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for princessArae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
are you sure you are rolling it in the right direction? the first time my bf and i had sex we put the condom on together. we couldnt roll it down til we realized we we had it on backwards and were trying to roll it in the wrong direction.

--------------------
~autumn~

Posts: 33 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what do you mean by direction?

I am rolling downwards

Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look at that article. There's some useful tips about how to use a condom.

http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/condom.html

And here also.

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003492

[ 07-26-2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you using the right size of condoms ?

Also do you put a couple drops of lubricant in the tip of the condom before putting it on ?

Are you pushing your foreskin back as you roll the condom on ? (if you're uncircumcised )

Follow the steps careful. That might take times but you'll get it eventually. It sometimes take practice.

[ 07-26-2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Matthew
Activist
Member # 29890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Matthew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
liverpoolfc,

I'll also guess that putting it on in the wrong direction is the cause. The condom is a rolled up tube. When it's rolled up it looks like a coin. If you put it on, say, heads up (this is only an imaginary heads up -- there is no actual heads or tails), the roll may be toward the inside and it will be hard to unroll. Flip it over so it is tails up and it should unroll onto your penis easily.

Posts: 220 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

How can you tell if the roll is in the roll is on the outside or the inside
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're holding the rolled-up condom by the little nub or tip, and the roll is on the inner side of the condom, it's backwards. If you're holding the tip of the condom, and the roll is on the outside of the ring, it's right side up.

You can use a condom or two and just practice getting comfortable eyeballing whether it's right or inside out, and rolling it down on your own in a non-sex encounter to get used to it.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Matthew
Activist
Member # 29890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Matthew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's an idea. Take a condom that has been unrolled and somehow get it on your penis or on something else like penis. Then roll it up and see what the roll looks like.
Posts: 220 | From: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Thanks a lot wobblyheadedjane that was the problem

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.