Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » now i'm really worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: now i'm really worried
twentysix
Activist
Member # 26852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twentysix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
part of my inner labia has been swollen for a while. it doesn't really hurt, but i'm concious of it all the time. it's only swollen in one spot and doesn't look like herpes / hpv... but it very well could be, and that has been on my mind for 3 weeks. i've looked up both online, and this swollen area looks nothing like either, but i don't know!

i'm going to the gyno soon, but in the meantime, how can i stop myself from freaking out too much?

Posts: 86 | From: california | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twentysix
Activist
Member # 26852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twentysix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...i'd also like to add that it aches sometimes, but i think it might just be from me poking around x__o
Posts: 86 | From: california | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can stop yourself from freaking out by realizing that going to the doctor is the best thing you can do for your labia and yourself. [Smile]

Poking around can aggrivate things, so you might want to stop doing that. Also, sitting in a warm bath with salts can help sooth achiness.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twentysix
Activist
Member # 26852

heh, thanks dark child. it's probably something i shouldn't be excessively worrying about because i've weighted my risks, and they're really not that bad.

thank you <3

twentysix
Activist
Member # 26852

okay the latest gyno appt. i could get was in roughly 3 weeks.

my left labia is swollen, and now my upper left thigh hurts... but i think i might have just pulled a muscle while sleeping or something. is this something i should be concerned about and try to get an earlier appoitment? or should i wait?

cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it would be better to get an early appointment. Do you have a family doctor ? If so, ask him if he does gynecologic exam ? Go see him. I think he could guide you, tell you whether or not it is an urgent matter, if you have reasons to worry about it.

And he could maybe set you an appointment with a gyno if he ever finds out it needs to be care of soon.

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.