Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » allergic to oral sex? Ridiculous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: allergic to oral sex? Ridiculous?
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody!

The elusive pelvic/groin pain saga continues with me.

I recently have had a pelvic ultra sound and probe, a urinalysis, and a pap smear and pelvic exam. My pap smear was normal. I had a cyst on one of my ovaries, but the doc said it was the kind that women often get when they ovulate. I was told sometimes we just have unexplained pains.

Heres the thing: it went away for a while. It came back I noticed the day after my boyfriend, who I had not seen in a month, gave me oral sex. I want to make a connection here but I don't know what. I went with him to the clinic and he doesn't have stds. I don't either.

Does he just get too rough down there or does his saliva irritate my vagina somehow?

It has this wierd tightness feeling to it. It doesn't hurt too much, it is just barely there, enough to be irritating. And it is right underneath on my groin between my upper legs. Any insight is appreciated.

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MissSmarty:
... or does his saliva irritate my vagina somehow?

this doesn't answer any of your questions, but are you not using any dental dams [etc.] ? Because if you are and using them correctly, his saliva should have nothing to do with it. If your not, why? Sorry my probing, its just not safe.

--------------------
"All is fair in love in war... wait... that doesn't sound right..."

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No we haven't been using dental dams. But how is it not safe if he and I both know we are STD free? He and I have been together for over a year and he has been tested. I haven't been with anyone else.

I was asking if it is possible that my body just doesn't take to oral well or something?

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samantha357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heard of STI's?

Anyway yes it is possible that your body doesn't "take to it" well. Or he could be too rough. Im not sure anybody could really give you a better answer than you and your doc.

--------------------

The love you cant have lasts the longest, feels the strongest... & hurts the deepest

Posts: 81 | From: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samantha, the OP says in both her posts she and her partner do not have STI's.

(Having said that, have YOU been tested for STI's too, or just your partner? Being a virgin is not a get out of jail free card - some STI's can be passed on without sexual contact, as well.)

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

sorry to be clueless and confused, ladydexter, but are you talking to me or MissSmarty?

(If you are talking to me i am not and never been sexually active in any way, or plan to be, and also single.)

[ 07-19-2006, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: samantha357 ]

--------------------

ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime example of where I should pay more attention to what I type. Doink. [Big Grin]

I was asking the OP.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samantha357
Activist
Member # 29651

ok ok just making sure! [Wink]

--------------------

MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

I have not been tested for STI's, but I really have not been with ANYONE but him. I can't think of another STI I could have without sexual contact besides herpes. Is this what you are refering to? I highly doubt that I have it though. Anyways, we use condoms when I do oral on him.

If I had an sti without having sex, it wouldn't be one that would produce the symptoms I have and I wouldn't have yielded a good pap smear test. So maybe I do just need to call my doctor monday. I just hate asking these kind of questions.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The easy way to find out with this, really, would to be to use dental dams for a while: say a month.

If you see an improvement, you know that something about oral sex is the issue, be it a sensitivity to your partner's toothpaste, or a possible oral infection he might have going on, etc.

Can you try, too, to really describe, in detail what this pain FEELs like? For instance, is it an itchy type, or more a feeling of rawness? Is it exclusive to one area of your vulva, or pelvic overall? Does it get better or worse with sexual arousal, etc?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

I called the doctor and got ahold of her nurse. She asked me the basic questions of where is it? and is the pain worse with sexual arousal. I tried my best to describe it was a sore, hot feeling inside. It feels icky the next day. Like my vagina is trying to purge itself of all the spit. (sorry, I know that sounds gross)

It is just an "off" sticky sore feeling on the inside and then over the next few days it faded and now it just feels a little tight on the underneath of the perenium and right where my vagina starts curving downwards. I try to do stretches and it seems to help.
The word that comes to mind when describing it is a diseased feeling. I think for the longest time I thought it had to be some horrible disease. I have issues with this to say the least.

My sister died of cancer when I was just a baby. I have always somehow thought because she got sick that I would to. I have talked about this with my mom and my doctor.

The nurse said she would talk to the doc and get back to me, but that I probably needed to just pay attention to see if it is related to the oral. It might have been a coincidence. The dental dam thing is a great idea.

This may sound cooky - but part of me thinks that I have somehow created this pain. When I first got together with my boyfriend I felt guilty for the sexual activity. I was thinking I would be punished by God or something. I don't know.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.