Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » argh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: argh
Member # 19182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thepunisher688     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a potential partner (we are considering sex, in fact, talking about it as an inevitability), now, i dont know her as well as i should; it as come down from her not wanting a condom at all to me insisting on a condom or no sex, (to which she agreed, we are going to use a condom), however, i also would like to get tested, but she doesnt. she claims that she has been tested "no less than two weeks ago", now: would it be considered nosy to ask to see the records? because i listened in health and i read the sexYOUality articles, and i am very aware of my risks. and i really dont want to contract ANYTHING. and if she doesnt pony up the papers, should i just forgoe sex period? im thinking about it. but then again, as every other teen, i really badly wanna have sex. lol. (to be frank)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Posts: 15 | From: the Great Northwest | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 18892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should definitely make sure that you see the papers, or talk her into coming with you to get tested as well. Particularly considering that this person encouraged you to not use a condom, I, personally, find it difficult to believe that she would take safer sex seriously enough to get tested unless there were papers to prove it. Asking for the papers isn't nosy. It's smart. If she's serious about both of your health, she won't mind. And if she's not serious about your health (which already seems likely considering how she didn't want to use a condom), then she might not be the right person to have sex with.
Posts: 106 | From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.