Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » lube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lube
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but... I have been looking around (not super a lot looking, but we've both been keeping an eye out for it) for lube for me and my boy, but neither of us have been able to find any. We get free condoms from the on-campus health clinic, so we don't even go to the store for those, and they don't give out lube or even sell it. We don't get to see each other very often, but I'd like to have some for us by next weekend. We don't want to order it offline, because we really don't have anywhere that it could be sent to (my roommates don't know about us yet... and we'd like to keep it that way for a while, and he's home with his parents for the summer and they don't know we're having sex). So, any suggestions for where to look?

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any place that sells condoms should sell lubrication too.

Pharmacies are a good place to start. If they don't have any there (and i can't even imagine that!), they should at least know of where you can get some.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a general list of where you can find lube: SavOn, CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, KMart, etc.

Pretty much any store that sells condoms, tampons and other fun things will sell personal lube.

--------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(You'll generally find the lube in the same place that condoms are located. In most of the Target stores I've been in, for instance, condoms are located at the back of one of the aisles in Health & Beauty, and the lube is generally either under the condoms or right next to them. So if you can find where they keep the condoms, the lube should be right nearby.)

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liverpoolfc
Neophyte
Member # 28624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liverpoolfc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I live In ireland and when ever I go into a Pharmacies I can see condoms but never lube
Posts: 16 | From: england | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks. I live in kind of a conservative area, so it's a bit tougher than it should be to find this stuff. Like, our wal-mart doesn't sell condoms, at least, no one I've EVER talked to has been able to find them, and since I know Meijer has them, I've never asked. I didn't think to check pharmacies or Target. Thank you!!

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meijer also usually has lube as well. Just look near the condoms (I just was at the Meijer where I live, and that store actually has the lube next to the pregnancy tests & yeast infection treatments, not near the condoms).

[ 06-07-2006, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stacia
Neophyte
Member # 29313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stacia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i live in ohio and our gas stations sell it so like a shell speedway sunoco anything like that

--------------------
i remember the first night i fell for u....and baby i still havent gotten up<3

Posts: 26 | From: west carrollton | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, your roommates don't have to know if you do order it online. I've done that myself, and I simply got a brown cardboard box from "Web Merchants" addressed to me. Nobody knew what was in it, and nobody really cared.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.