Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » virginity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: virginity
Member # 28902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nakutaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have been together for ovr 5 months now but she says I have not broken her virginity yet. She doesnt know where I should touch her so she can feel broken. Initially she had problems of bladder infecions twice and her doc told her is because she has not been fully opened and I wonder could this the reason she has not been broken? this is a thorn in our relation ship since whee\n we meet she always wants me to DO IT, which is break her. But When I go as far as i can reach I dont feel any barrier that need to be broken.
What am I missing out?
If you are an expert tell me since i had not done it before.. break a girl's virginity.

Posts: 2 | From: adams | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 28218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for likewhoa19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure what she and you mean by "her virginity." Possibly this refers to the hymen, which is a piece of skin-tissue at the very front of the vaginal opening. It has a hole in it naturally, and this hole stretches larger and the hymen disappears as a girl gets older, or has intercourse. It does not need to be "broken." Perhaps she is misinformed and is expecting something to happen that isn't going to happen. There is nothing about the vagina itself that changes after sex.
Posts: 193 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to what likewhoa19 has already pointed out, I'll add that virginity is a social concept, not a medical condition. Everyone has a different definition of virginity, and what "losing" that virginity entails. Have a look at these articles from the main site and hopefully they'll make things a bit clearer:

Magical Cups & Bloody Brides
20 Questions About Virginity

As well, I'm not sure what your girlfriend's doctor meant by saying she hasn't been "fully opened" yet, and what this has to do with her getting bladder infections. Is it possible that you or she misunderstood or misheard?

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 27940

Icon 11 posted      Profile for ganstagirl100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok heres the thing i know this is kind of off subject but here i go..............
ok i have been mesturbating alot now with my boyfriend i when he fingers me i don't feel anything he goes up as far as he can but still nothin he even trys movin his fingers around but still nothin but i can feel when he taps inside of me with his fingers. he uses two fingers and SEX doesn't seem that appeling to me i am a virgin and when he mestrabate with me i get kind of bbored like you know just look at the sky or something(ha ha)he asks does it hert and i say no but i don't want him to feel like he's not doing a good job can anyone help [Roll Eyes]

i post cause it's a concern

Posts: 24 | From: durham nc | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gangstagirl- in the future, you can make a new topic when you have an unrelated question. It helps keep topics on topic and make sure your questions don't just get overlooked.

To answer your question, though: you need to communicate with your boyfriend that what he's doing isn't doing much for you. The majority of women can't orgasm through penetration alone, and some don't feel pleasure from it at all, like what you'te describing. The vaginal canal simply has less nerve endings to stimulate than say, your clitoris. Many women need or enjoy some sort of clitoral stimulation over vaginal penetration. So, if something isn't feeling good to you, there's no reason to not tell your boyfriend, just tell him what might feel good to you that he can try.

aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.