Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex help
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfc4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my girlfriend decided to have sex yesterday for the first time for both of us the problem was that i couldnt get my penis to enter the vagina and I am now worried do you have to force the penis in or what I have a normal size penis 6.5 inches long

Plz help thanks Barry

Posts: 49 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
likewhoa19
Activist
Member # 28218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for likewhoa19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO, whatever you do don't force because forcing isn't necessary and it hurts. The thing to do is make sure she's really relaxed ahead of time, and go slow. If she's still got a partially intact hymen at the front of her vaginal opening, that could be one reason it's tight. Hymen's will naturally stretch or erode away slowly, but may stretch and cause some pain in first-time sex. If she's relaxed enough, her vagina itself should stretch to let in your penis without much pain and discomfort. If she's not relaxed than the vagina will be narrow. Make sure she feels comfortable about having sex, then make sure you do plenty of foreplay so she's physically relaxed enough. If it seems like it won't work out -do something else instead, then try again for penetration some other time. It's really important that you go slowly rather than quickly, and make sure she's comfortable.

[ 04-20-2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: likewhoa19 ]

Posts: 193 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha89
Activist
Member # 27246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natasha89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im not sure i can post here but ill have a go.
Dont force it in. Are you making sure she is fully aroused? If not engage more into foreplay and use plenty of water based lube.
If you try to force your penis into her it will hurt even more. Is she also relaxed? Communication is also needed. It doesnt matter on the size its wether you are both relaxed and ready and again fully aroused.

oops was beaten to it, its pretty much all in the post above [Smile]

[ 04-20-2006, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Natasha89 ]

--------------------
Behind every great man is a great woman

Posts: 91 | From: England | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lfc4life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks will do more foreplay and go slower next time. Does anyone else have anymore advise for me.
Posts: 49 | From: Ireland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, we have a really handy article on this very topic:

First Intercourse 101

If pain is a problem, check out this other handy article too:

From OW! to Wow: Identify the causes of Painful Vaginal Sex and Kick the Pain to the Curb

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Also could this be the problem when i put on the comdom I never Put on a few drops of water-based lube (like Astroglide or Liquid Silk) inside the tip of the condom. I dont even know what that stuff is
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not using lube could definitely be part of the problem.

As well as putting a tiny bit inside the condom (for your benefit), putting lots of lube on the outside on the condom will make intercourse much easier and much more comfortable.

You can probably buy lube in any big chemist's (look in the "family planning section"). If not, you can order it online, or try the Irish Family Planning Association:

http://www.ifpa.ie/index.php

--------------------
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it." - the Talmud

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

what other thing would work. Would putting vaseline work

Also can u buy comdoms wit lure already in them

[ 04-20-2006, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Barrydoherty54 ]

origami_jane
Activist
Member # 27369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for origami_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy condoms with lube already on them, but it's not really enough.

Plus vaseline will cause condoms to deteriorate. (We did a simulation in Sex Ed. where we put a condom on one hand, vaseline on the other, and rubbed them together. Took less than a minute for the condom to fall apart.)

Posts: 129 | From: Mid-Atlantic US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Nope, vaseline would be a very bad idea, as it can literally dissolve the latex in condoms.

You can buy condoms that say they have lube on them, but it's only a tiny amount, not enough.

So really, it's a good idea to buy a proper lube like KY Jelly.

--------------------

daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not use vaseline. It is not safe for vaginal intercourse.

You can buy condoms that claim to have lube in them, but its best to use extra water-based lube with any type of condom.

[Mindmeld!]

[ 04-20-2006, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: daria319 ]

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Ok thanks for all that. Just would like to know when you go the chemist will a packet say Lure on it or will it say something else and is KY Jelly avaliable in chemist. Now all I have to do is go into the chemist and get both the comdoms and lure and not look embarrassed
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

The bottle or packet will usually say something "lubricant", and you want to look for one that says "water-based" or "condom-safe".

KY Jelly is a very widely available lube, but since I don't know your local chemist's, I can't give you a guarantee:).

--------------------

lfc4life
Activist
Member # 28478

Was chatting to my girlfriend there now and she said I think the problem was that I wasnt wet enought wat does this mean.

Thanks Barry

logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

The vagina produces extra lubrication of its own when a woman is aroused - i.e. it gets wet.

If your girlfriend wasn't fully aroused, that would definitely make intercourse much more difficult and uncomfortable.

Even if she was, extra lubricant can still be a big help - women's bodies don't always produce enough lubrication of their own. That's why everyone here has been recommending extra lube.

Some more reading material for you:

Sexual Response and Orgasm: A User's Guide

--------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.