Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » masterbation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masterbation
sk8rgurl101
Neophyte
Member # 27636

Icon 5 posted      Profile for sk8rgurl101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is it bad to masterbate? is it normal to masterbate every day? [Confused]

--------------------
heya ppl!!!! I am loving life!and being myself

Posts: 6 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
likewhoa19
Activist
Member # 28218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for likewhoa19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is no ''normal'' as everyone does it different amounts. but i do remember a statistic that a sizeable % of women do masterbate everyday. it is not bad, not unhealthy, and should not hurt you in anyway (as long as you do not use objects which could cut you and make sure you wash your hands, objects, or whatever you plan to use before masterbating). and just so you know, there are a lot of rumors floating out there that masturbation will hurt sexual performance in various ways. none of them are true, but probably stem from older cultural and religious stigmas.

[ 04-18-2006, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: likewhoa19 ]

Posts: 193 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heroic
Activist
Member # 27441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heroic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I just add, that in my oppinion, masturbation is a great way to get to know your body and what you like ?
Posts: 53 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ty
Neophyte
Member # 28527

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Heroic. It DOES help getting to know your body better. And it can give us orgasm so why not? Most guys masturbate so why not girls? I do.

--------------------
ty

Posts: 7 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.