Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pain after Sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain after Sex?
Member # 24105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC11Roslyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, and this is probably 10 percent of the time, my stomach hurts after sex. usually it happens when im on top. My boyfriend is 8 inches and im a size 4 so not extremely petite or anything but could he be hurting me? Also could I have anything happen thats really bad from this? I dont want him to puncture anything!

Posts: 29 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry- a penis on its own is not going to puncture anything inside you.

What's probably happening is that he is hitting your cervix, or putting pressure against your uterus that causes you discomfort.

As long as you're not feeling any pains during intercourse I wouldn't worry too much about it. Since it happens more often when you're on top, it may be a good idea to try some different positions and find one that gives you the least amount of trouble.

If the stomach aches ever persist for an extended period of time or become much worse, then it would be a good idea to check in with a doctor (and that would be more because the worsened pains could be a sign of infection, rather than from penetration/intercourse/etc.), but in the meantime I think you're probably fine. [Smile]

aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to add something... Sexual activities can be like any other exercise and leave you with sore muscles. If you use your abs a lot, whether it's doing crunches or having intercourse, it could leave you with some pain.
Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.