Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » 1 minute man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1 minute man
fiorelli
Neophyte
Member # 20896

Icon 10 posted      Profile for fiorelli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what causes a guy to cum fast?

i.e my boyfriend always cums within atleast 5 minutes.

he does lack in the expierence zone.

Posts: 6 | From: markham | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, the average timeframe for a man to reach orgasm is between 5 and 10 minutes. So, he's right in the average time frame. Experience has little to do with it.

Also, sex is about so much more than intercourse. It's about arousal, and pleasure, communication, and many other things.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And just for the record?

Do you and your partner a favor and drop the phrase "minute-man," from your mental vocabulary.

It's seriously sexist, and really degrading.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan The Man
Neophyte
Member # 27747

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan The Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HE NEED'S TO RELAX AND SLOW DOWN. TAKE DEEP BREATHS.

quote:
Originally posted by fiorelli:
what causes a guy to cum fast?

i.e my boyfriend always cums within atleast 5 minutes.

he does lack in the expierence zone.

------------------
D.T.M.

Posts: 2 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 10 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, he needs to carry on being a normal male, Dan.

If his ejaculating too soon for you to get into it is a problem, try maybe manual or oral sex before, or if he feels he's getting close, he could pull out and do oral or manual sex with you for a while until the urge passes.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 10 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to be throwing you all around the informational loop, but while ladydexter did have sound advice about engaging in other pleasurable forms of sexual activity,

it is NOT recomended that he pull-out during intercourse until after he has ejaculated. Pulling out too quickly or rushing to pull out puts you at a greater risk for having a condom break or fall off- if instead you wait until he ejaculates, then pull out correctly holding the condom at its base, what you can do THEN is let him put on another condom and continue, if he is able to, or wait and enage in other forms of sexual activity until you are both satisfied in the amount of activity you have done, or until he feels ready to enage in intercourse again and can use a new condom and continue.

Remember, ejcaulation is not the be-all end-all of sexual activity, so don't treat it that way and you shouldn't have any problems keeping sex pleasurable and keeping stress, worry or embarassment out of the picture.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josie16
Neophyte
Member # 27713

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Josie16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only had sex twice, both times with the same guy. He came pretty quickly both times, and not much foreplay. I'm trying to make him slow down and engage in other things. He used a condom both times but it looks like the type is designed for a much larger guy. Are there condoms for smaller guys...he's about 5 in hard.

Posts: 7 | From: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's average, so most condoms will do just fine.

If he prefers, he can look at condom boxes which state they have a "snugger" fit. Beyond Seven and Kimono are two brands which do, and which are good quality condoms.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.