Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » chocolates

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: chocolates
bathroomsinger_rocks!
Neophyte
Member # 27288

Icon 10 posted      Profile for bathroomsinger_rocks!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi just have a question that really bothers me.....actually confuses me. why do women love chocolates SO much-i mean they can eat and eat and eat till they pass out.but can't handle alcohol as much.but men on the other hand can have a zillion bottles od alcohol and still remain sober but when it comes to eating chocolates...nuh-uh they get horny right aftr having a slice of chocolates or any chocolate prosuct like chocolate mousse or cake or the like. why?any answers?
Posts: 2 | From: india | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 10 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay... well for the record not every woman likes chocolate, and I've never heard of a guy getting horny after eating chocolate, so where exactly is this info coming from?

For the alcohol, girls tend to be smaller than guys so the alcohol effects their bodies faster than girls. Also I remember hearing the guys have a higher percentage of water in their bodies which dilutes the alcohol more than girls, but I'm not entirely sure where I heard that or if it's true.

Anyways different things affect people in different ways, what makes you ask these questions about chocolate and alcohol anyway..?

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bathroomsinger_rocks!
Neophyte
Member # 27288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bathroomsinger_rocks!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well my friend and i were out at a neat lil eat-out.we would frequent that place.thats when i she told me about this thing about women having an affinity to chocolates then men and men having a higher tolerance for alcohol than women
Posts: 2 | From: india | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 10 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, medications like birth control can affect a woman's ability to process alcohol, along with body weight and structure.

For the record though, I don't know any guy who can drink 'a zillion bottles' and still be sober. While my boyfriend doesn't act like a drunken frat boy after having a few beers, he's still not fit to drive. Blood alcohol level determines your sobriety, NOT how you act or appear.

[This message has been edited by wobblyheadedjane (edited 02-07-2006).]

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aside from the friends who are allergic to chocolate, I can't say either gender prefers chocolate more than the other. My boyfriend likes choco more than I do. But i'm just pickier about which choco I eat (i go gourmet).

Alcohol? It parses better into muscle than fat. Women have high % of body fat, so the alcohol stays in our bloodstreams longer, keep us intoxicated longer. Men have more muscle per weight, so the alcohol absorbs better and metabolizes faster.

People who drink more develop a tolerance ot the stuff. it takes more booze to make the person feel the effects. they may have the same blood alcohol level as anyone else who has drunken the same amount, but they feel it less. that's dangerous because they won't feel it if they've had too much till they pass out or die.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.