Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condoms
firefox1337
Neophyte
Member # 26261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firefox1337     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i was wonderingm when you wear a condoma and it doesnt fit all the way, what i mean by this is it doesnt roll down all the way, is it still safe?
Posts: 20 | From: Nevada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, if a condom doesn't fit properly, it's not safe to use.

I dont understand how the condom wouldn't be able to roll down all the way though. Are you sure you have it on properly? If you have it on backwards, it won't roll down ...

A Simple Condom Primer

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ascalon_Vice
Neophyte
Member # 23438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ascalon_Vice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, it doesn't make too much sense that a condom wouldn't cover it entirely.

Unless, of course, the condom is too big. If that's the case, try a different brand. Then again, it's best to buy a couple and experiment. That's the only thing I can think of.

[This message has been edited by Ascalon_Vice (edited 12-27-2005).]

Posts: 17 | From: Ohio, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And just for the sake of safety and clarity, if you put a condom on back to front, please, whatere you do, do NOT turn it right way round and pop it on, as there may then be pre-ejaculate on the outside of the condom.

If you do get it wrong way round, just chuck it and get a fresh one. Better safe than sorry, right?

(As for condoms not fitting/rolling all the way down... I don't see how they can. Working in a bar, you see some very bizarre stunts. One of my friends managed to get one over his head [DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!], another got one up to his elbow. They're pretty stretchy.)

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
texasbroncosfan
Neophyte
Member # 26764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texasbroncosfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a below average penis and the condoms dont roll all the way out does that mean they are not working right ??? Do they make a condom for below 5in penis` ????

[This message has been edited by texasbroncosfan (edited 12-31-2005).]

Posts: 3 | From: Irving,texas,usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a partner with an 8" penis who couldn't roll a condom all the way down.

Condoms don't have to be fully unrolled to work - they just have to be rolled down far enough to cover the penis.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.